GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My HPC asked me what extras I would like on my March delivery.

So far I have opted for:

Miltek Y-Pipe
Parking sensor
Carpets

Anything else that really adds to the car?

Thanks.

Adrian.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hi.

It's nice to see some HPC's offering y pipes at collection and being so on the ball for a March delivery! Mine was totally against anything that didn't have Nissan stamped on it! I reckon that's all you need. The paint protection is a waste of money IMHO. I took my car straight to a car detailer and got it properly corrected, waxed and protected for winter. You should be seeing better weather by then so maybe not so necessary. Not long now! :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi.

It's nice to see some HPC's offering y pipes at collection and being so on the ball for a March delivery! Mine was totally against anything that didn't have Nissan stamped on it! I reckon that's all you need. The paint protection is a waste of money IMHO. I took my car straight to a car detailer and got it properly corrected, waxed and protected for winter. You should be seeing better weather by then so maybe not so necessary. Not long now! :)
Detailing in something I fully intend for the car from the outset.

I have a powerful Karcher to blast the grime off, but there is no substitute for detailing.

Will probably ask for recommendations when I get the car.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
A pressure washer used carefully should cause no harm.

I use one for snow foam, followed by rinsing with the washer to get off most of the road grime.

Then hand wash with microfibre mit, 2 bucket method, followed by another pressure washer rinse.

Finish with deionised water rinse and microfibre dry.

Lovely!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
A pressure washer used carefully should cause no harm.

I use one for snow foam, followed by rinsing with the washer to get off most of the road grime.

Then hand wash with microfibre mit, 2 bucket method, followed by another pressure washer rinse.

Finish with deionised water rinse and microfibre dry.

Lovely!
Agreed mate (i use one also) but a "high pressure washer to BLAST dirt off!!!):eek:

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed mate (i use one also) but a "high pressure washer to BLAST dirt off!!!):eek:
I should clarify.

I spray my cars in Auto Glym pressure washer specific cleaner first, leave it for a while, then blast it at the appropropriate pressure - works for me.

I really don't like cloths and other material that contact the paintwork. If I want that level of clean I get it detailed.

·
Registered
220 Posts
There are a few products on the market which remove the solid impurities from crappy tap water so they dont dry as grey makrs on your paintwork.

This one is popular made by Aquagleam..

Aqua Gleam Water Filter | Buy Aqua Gleam Online | FREE UK Delivery

but I use a cheapo version meant for filling spas and hot tubs!

Eco One Pre-Filter

£40 off ebay and been using it for 8 months...
Thanks Charlie - top response as ever!
I'll get one in time for the spring clean!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts