GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am always thinking about my next car and trying to have something rare or atleast something people just don't see every week or day. Thats why I am thinking about a clean R32 GT-R with say 400awhp (Just to start but something easy to get and keep).

So as you may see I do live in the USA, but I am close to Canada so it isn't going to be to hard to get my hands on a R32. But the real question I would like the forum to answer is... "is it really worth it?"

Will I be happy once I get it? Can it hold up to track days and some hard driving or should I be worried about the Trans/Motor? Will I bring to much attention to myself if I bring it to the local drags or out on a friday or saturday night?

Oh and just for some back ground. I would have a DD, this isn't going to be my main track car. Its going to be my little fun car to take out say once a week to month, make some passes at the drags and go out to the track when my track car is down or not running to its top. Also I am not looking for some insane hp numbers. Really I am just looking for maybe upgrading the turbos and other basic bolt on's just to get some easy Hp.

Thanks for your time,

Dan

·
Registered
325 Posts
Unless you live in Canada you're stuffed. You can't import a R32 into the USA, the DOT closed the door on that one, that's why I turned down a job offer in the US. Sad but true.

There are a very small number of GTRs and GTSs that made it in during the brief legal import window, I would imagine there's a pretty steep premium on those though!

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
To be honest, A R32 is a very nice car (I have one), but it is not worth the hassle to get one in the USA.

If you are looking for power, get a Supra and be very happy. Load of people who can work on them and work on them well. Lots of parts available in the USA for them, and they are cheap and works great.

Get a R32 and everything have to come over from Japan, including window rubbers. tuning get expansive, and when things break, it get more expansive.

The price you spend for a clean R32, you might as well get an EVO with a 2.3 stroker kit, a GT35R turbo, and make something around 400bhp also and it will be faster, more fun, more stable, and alot cheaper if things break.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts