GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

my engine was dyno'd a few days ago after i upgraded my pump...the last time about 6mths ago it made 405awkw on a nice & cool 17 degree day with over 2000km on the clock.

last week it made 390awkw & it was a stinking hot 33 degrees with 500km on the clock. i also had the engine refreshed at the time with new bearings & rings.

my tuner explained that the heat & tight engine impacted this & wants me to come back in winter to prove his theory...has anyone else had similar experiences?

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Hi Marko,

In 2008 I dyno'd my old DC2 turbo three times and had always differnt readings, mostly due to the various ambient temperatures.

Had the highest out put in spring with 19 degrees outside temp. During summer performance dropped by about 20 - 30 bhp with 30 degrees and above.

Regarding the fresh engine I can't say too much, as I always drove my new engine for the first 2000km with a mild setup before it was dyno'd to the max.

HTH

Leo

·
Registered
491 Posts
Sounds about right. Temp conditions are directly connected to your power output. You never noticed a turbocharged car going like stink in the winter but feeling little down on power during hot summer days?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i had the motor out & for the cost of new bearings & rings which was under $500aud i thought why not :)

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
my tuner explained that the heat & tight engine impacted this & wants me to come back in winter to prove his theory...has anyone else had similar experiences?
100% sPOT ON...
You also cant run as much boost on a hot day either as it does nothing ....like every 5 degrees + = .1 bar boost etc:
You make no more power etc: ..
On cooler days it will produce more power for the same pressure levels etc:.

Hes right

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds about right. Temp conditions are directly connected to your power output. You never noticed a turbocharged car going like stink in the winter but feeling little down on power during hot summer days?
i most definitely have noticed power loss in the heat with all my vehicles & motorbikes ive had in the past, its chalk & cheese

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
i most definitely have noticed power loss in the heat with all my vehicles & motorbikes ive had in the past, its chalk & cheese
Ditto. My car I dont even bother driving on a hot summers day. It's lethargic and goes like a stoned snail!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts