GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I'm weighing up trading my M3 in for an R34.

However, I wouldn't want to spend more than £20k for one as for me I don't believe they are worth more than that personally!

I have seen a few go for around the sub £20k mark...however there aren't that many for sale in the UK :(

I haven't been tracking prices on R34's for a while, so to those of you experts out there, do they come up in this price range often?

I would be looking for a stage 1...

Thanks

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
there are a couple around under £20k. But they are the same cars that have been for sale for over a year. In other words there dogs that nobody wants.

I think you should get a nice one for £22k upwards but a well tuned one are £25k upwards. Then there the special modles like the S/R tunes that go for £30+ all the way upto £40k+ for a nur.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there are a couple around under £20k. But they are the same cars that have been for sale for over a year. In other words there dogs that nobody wants.

I think you should get a nice one for £22k upwards but a well tuned one are £25k upwards. Then there the special modles like the S/R tunes that go for £30+ all the way upto £40k+ for a nur.
Yeah I've seen the Yellow and the White ones for sale for almost 2 years! They even look like dogs from the pictures.

I saw a Do-Luck kitted one go for £19995 on Pistonheads!!!! I thought maybe it was a scam???

I'll try find the link...

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
As said before if the cheapest they are for sale is £20K then be very wary looking at any car that is that cheap

But if you can find someone who really needs the money badly then the answer is probably yes you can get a decent one around that figure.

·
6,821 Posts

Agree with matty here,

There is something else that is important to considerate with these dogs: accidents, engine blows and defected parts history!!!!

Most cars with a dark history of problems are cheap because the previous owners got tired to repair them the way they should have been repaired . . and in 99% of the cases went for used, crappy replacement parts that will do the 100miles the car has to hold until the new buyer finds out he bought a lemon.

The cheapest R34 GTR I would touch in japan would cost around 3.400.000Yen and to be sure I would go to a dealer with rep. and get myself a nice one for just above 4.000.000Yen.

It won't be long and all these cheap R34 GTRs in the UK will land on the junk yard or get overhauled for 10k, which in any case gets them out of the market, leaving the way open for the better exemples, which will neverless cost much more then only 20k.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Here you go:

Nissan : SKYLINE R34 GTR V SPEC

Seems way to cheap!

Looked a bargin! hks turbos and all types.

To be fair for that price with that spec you would buy it even if it had a dent and a scratch on every panel. Spend a few ££££ on a paint job etc and you still would have a bargain.

Or the car might of been mint and the owner in the shit and needing money?? who knows.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm...thanks guys.

My plans are to buy a standard one for around £18k- £20k and then fit Z-Tune bumper, Nismo skirts and spats and a set of bad ass 19's.

So I would be spending about £25k all in....unless I find one with all of this for £25k!!

I'll keep my eyes peeled

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Hmmm...thanks guys.

My plans are to buy a standard one for around £18k- £20k and then fit Z-Tune bumper, Nismo skirts and spats and a set of bad ass 19's.

So I would be spending about £25k all in....unless I find one with all of this for £25k!!

I'll keep my eyes peeled

For 25k you will find one like this. Guess it will be still on standard turbo but with a few mods like powerfc etc. However you may have a long wait untill one pops up. There is a nice blue one for sale in the for sale section like this.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For 25k you will find one like this. Guess it will be still on standard turbo but with a few mods like powerfc etc. However you may have a long wait untill one pops up. There is a nice blue one for sale in the for sale section like this.
I'm hoping so.

There is this one:

Senn Sports Ltd : R34 GTR V-SPEC, 2.6 TWIN TURBO, NISMO BODY.

but I feel its overpriced, no leather and on 18's. Also not too sure on the colour.

I have seen FOX's car for sale but I'm not a fan of BB. I would love a black one or silver like S2's old car.

Thanks for all your help Matty :thumbsup:

·
Registered
423 Posts
i paid £26k for my r34,has the full ztune kit, 19'' te37's,colilovers,robson retrim and a nice bit of other stuff,
i saved huge money buying the car like this and can now concentrate on doing the engine

if your planning to get all these bits anyway would you not just spend extra and buy a car with some of this already done

·
Registered
206 Posts
I only started looking after the recession started, but I'm assuming when the £ was strong you could pick up an import for touching 20K?

Like others have said, the only ones below or touching 20K have been there forever.

·
Registered
26,786 Posts
I only started looking after the recession started, but I'm assuming when the £ was strong you could pick up an import for touching 20K?

Like others have said, the only ones below or touching 20K have been there forever.
a poo one yes

when the yen / £ rate was 230 to the £ , i imported mine, it was still £34k on the road :)

pay top dollar for top cars, and yourl get a very smart one

·
Registered
752 Posts
Faz count me in I am also on the lookout but no mad rush, seen the yellow one and phoned them 3 times and a message was taken but sadly no contact:(
The one on pistonheads I did enquire about but couldnt get the money together and its gone abroad it it look a very nice spec.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
guys you all seriously should consider FOXR34's R34 GTR,it is stunning!!

KING you should have come to our meet today,Wayne was there with his R34 GTR(he is FOXR34) and it's amazing,seriously!
for £24k you can't wrong

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Im gonna consider selling mine in a few months, reckon July/August time....Black 34 with nismo kit, 19" bronze TE37, suspension, turbos, intercooler, power FC etc etc.....

Hold tight guys......good cars will come along when the time is right......patience is a virtue!

Cheers
H

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im gonna consider selling mine in a few months, reckon July/August time....Black 34 with nismo kit, 19" bronze TE37, suspension, turbos, intercooler, power FC etc etc.....

Hold tight guys......good cars will come along when the time is right......patience is a virtue!

Cheers
H
I'm in no rush so will hold out if the right car comes up for what I want it for.

Lamb, how much would you be looking for it?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts