Votes: 179 33.7%
  • Untuned R34 GT-R

Votes: 352 66.3%
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you buy a tuned r33 or untuned r34 for the same price?

May have been asked before but i was just wondering.

I have seen on auto trader an r34 untuned will go for about the same price as a 600BHP r33. What would you go for?

Don't know how to make a poll..........

·
6,817 Posts
Well it's a bit a strange question, as you can ask more precisely :
Would you take a tuned car or a standard one . . .

I would take any 400R, Tomei, HKS, ex . . . . over a standard R34. As I like tuned cars and performance . . . . the other question is just wich car you like: R33 or R34 . . .:( :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, it was. Just wondering because i would prefer the tuned car for obvious reasons but the R34 is just newer, i own an R33 and its really nice but the interior just feels a bit old, is it possible to have an R34 computor fitted?

·
6,817 Posts
I think that the R34 interior is a bit less quality then the R33. As the R34 interior is more edgy it shows some mount and edge surface problems. The plastics in the R33 are more fine and hard.
A Alcantara coated dash board and a lacked cockpit (or carbon) wouldn't explode any budget.;)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hmmmm tough one that as i love the 34, but i need the power and you just know every joker will need to have a go at racing you in your 34 and you most probably wont be able to nail em all (£20k+ to make it happen ), where as no one has yet taken my 33;) :p :bowdown1: :cool: :nervous: :D

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I'd rather buy (in fact i did) a totally bog standard Skyline, 280 bhp with all that weight, still in KMH, purring like a kitten, and mod it myself, so at least i know what IVE done to it :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
I was thinking about that and I would go for the tuned car, more fun.
I seen some one in hong kong with the gtr34 comp on there gtr33 so I guess you can. Hope this helps

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd rather buy (in fact i did) a totally bog standard Skyline, 280 bhp with all that weight, still in KMH, purring like a kitten, and mod it myself, so at least i know what IVE done to it :)
Exactly, no worries about "mystery" components or exactly how worn they are or anything. Its my plan for when I lay my hands on a skyline. Even if I got a slightly modded skyline I'd be tempted to strip it down to basics and go from there (unless the parts turned out to be alright after being seen by a pro, such as Abbey)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yeah, also if you do buy a tuned car buy it from a garage with great reputation at minimum or buy one with lots of recepits or u'll end up like me having problem :mad:

Buying standard is not a bad option actually, thinking about mine:rolleyes:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well thanks for all your comments, its 3am here, my sister has just has a 20th bday party and im cream crackered.

Over and OUT!!!

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
Just for owning the car and enjoying it it would be the 34 hands down .I should imagine the guys that like the drag racing and track days it would be the tuned 33 . As for resale you could mod the 34 to stage 1 enjoy the car for a year or so and not loose much money ,the resale on a tuned 33 would be a nightmare with a LTD market .

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
daves R33. I love the body styling of the 34gtr but the difference is a fast sports car and a supercar. The feeling of 600bhp+ makes all the difference !

i used to run the HKS camp system in my r33 and it is almost the same as the 34gtr computer. Very sweet piece of kit and you can get it cheap still from ebay or japan

I would say go and drive both and you will know what you want for sure.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts