GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is right there in the title.....

would you do a deal with someone selling a R34 who is looking to get into a 35?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldnt normally but a super rare unmolested car has come up with 18k on the clock from new.....
I have to say im tempted

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Of o hadn't been able to find the r35 I wanted then an excellent r34 would have had some serious consideration. Would I swap now - no thanks.
Would I have an r34 in the future, I don't see why not.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Really depends for what you want the car?

Driving daily apparently the R35 is better

for fun R34

for investment probably none off them.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
I'd like to to think if I had an R35 and the right R34 came up, I would!

Does that count? :p

·
R35 Section manager
11,263 Posts
No interest at all. Nice cars but its not a 35

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Having picked up my first R35 gtr today - I would say no. It's much faster and it feel more robust. I also have faith in the tuning route and the consistency of getting it right. When I had my r32 it seemed almost acceptable that I could send my car to a tuner, spend aload and it blow up. I cant see that happening with the r35.

What I would say though is the 32/33/34 cars have something the 35 doesnt and also have potential to sound better. On the euro tour video clips, there is a point where an R33 launches and burns off and it is the best car noise ever and no r35 is going to sound that great - or maybe that's just my roots showing through.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Not a chance! I would love an R34, but only if I could afford to run it alongside the GTR, which I can't atm lol

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Having picked up my first R35 gtr today - I would say no. It's much faster and it feel more robust. I also have faith in the tuning route and the consistency of getting it right. When I had my r32 it seemed almost acceptable that I could send my car to a tuner, spend aload and it blow up. I cant see that happening with the r35.

What I would say though is the 32/33/34 cars have something the 35 doesnt and also have potential to sound better. On the euro tour video clips, there is a point where an R33 launches and burns off and it is the best car noise ever and no r35 is going to sound that great - or maybe that's just my roots showing through.
I know what you mean... the RB26 sounds amazing. But then again my R35 sounds pretty dam good too.

I have to say.... I'm really not sure..... could remortgage the house and have both...... or sell the wife and kids and get the full set .... 32 33 and 34 :chairshot

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
While the R35 in performance terms is the better car, the RB26 GTR's are pure drivers cars and far more iconic.

Give the R35 another 18-20 years and let's see if it's still regarded in such high esteem as the Skyline GTR's are now.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
It completely depends what you want.

It was the R35 that got me into GT-Rs, but I run an R32 too and can appreciate the older models.

For impressive engineering and blistering pace in any conditions the R35 is amazing.
But it's not a hard car to drive unless you are going at more than nine tenths.
If you want to be faster than other people and have the kudos of the Ferrari killing GT-R which a lot of people know about thanks to Top Gear etc... then the R35 is excellent.

But an RB26 car is more fun more of the time, because you need to work harder to achieve less performance. You are busier, but going slower.
They are getting on a bit now, have been caught up to a degree by newer hot hatches/fast Audis. They are also less well known and need fairly regular upkeep and maintenence.

If I wanted to go fast and look flash, plus be able to use it any day I needed to I'd keep the R35.
If I wanted a fun car with a more involving manual drive that I didn't have to use every day, I'd get the R34.

I actually chose the R32 because I prefer the looks of it.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
ive had 2 r32s and an r33 and I cant see me ever going back, as a machine its better, as a pop to the shops its better for me it is better at everything I want.

my last r33 was 720 hp so no slouch but not even in the same league as my r35 running just 1 bar of boost !
i am sure the gtr will have even more of a following in years to come than the old skylines it is a thing of ore in all aspects imo

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
ive had 2 r32s and an r33 and I cant see me ever going back, as a machine its better, as a pop to the shops its better for me it is better at everything I want.

my last r33 was 720 hp so no slouch but not even in the same league as my r35 running just 1 bar of boost !
i am sure the gtr will have even more of a following in years to come than the old skylines it is a thing of ore in all aspects imo
A 720bhp manual 15+ year old car is never going to compare because clearly it was built for speed and power and the R35 does those better.

For me the Skyline GT-Rs make more sense if you want a usuable fun to drive car that isn't being used as a platform to chase big power.

It's about the driving experience, not the speed.
That's why mine is up to 480 bhp and I don't want to add more, it's still nice to drive and adding more power will mean compromises.
With it's auto box the R35 doesn't suffer from that as much.

For people chasing power and speed the R35 is always going to be better.
But it doesn't compare on a Sunday afternoon drive in terms of the actual driving experience.

Just my opinion. :)

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Erm...... No. Don't get me wrong all the gtr's are great cars but in my opinion the 35 is the ultimate beast full stop, I've had 32s, 33s and one of best 34s in the country and they were all great in there own way and still look Awsome but I've had a couple of 35s now and feel they are much better all round vehicle and much better value for money, it beats me when people pay 35money for a 34...... 35 all day long Awsome car

·
Registered
585 Posts
I wouldn't consider it for 1 second, not a chance !
Had a R34-GTR VSPEC-II and i will not go back.....steering wheel is on the wrong side
;-).

1 - 20 of 61 Posts