GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Vendor
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have just tried to park one of my friends r35 in my garage and didn't realise how massive it is compared to the r34. The r34 was a tight squeeze getting in and out once the car was in the garage but getting in and out of the gtr is almost impossible unless trying to climb in and out of the window somehow.

would you feel safe leaving your GTR in the drive over night? I don't think I would be able to sleep at night .

not sure how ideal it would be trying to squeeze out of the window every time, but cannot see any other way of parking in my garage...

only other option is to find secure parking elsewhere which isn't ideal.

really pissed as I have just found the car I want and am due to view tomorrow!

·
Ooo Matron !
2,363 Posts
I keep mine in my garage but it is, as you say, it is very tight. I have to shuffle over and get out of the passenger side door. (This means putting the driver's seat back and getting the handbrake up my jasksy as well !) I could manage if I reversed in or went in closer to one side than the other, but I'm too worried about scrapping the door. And I can only just close the garage door as well because it's so long (oo-er missus).

I do something park it on my drive however and it does not bother me. But years ago I bought a Lotus Esprit and I lived on a main road and parked it on the street. For a few weeks I hardly slept at all for listening for every little sound outside, so I know what you mean.

·
Vendor
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing I can think of is to see how big my neighbours garage is as he doesn't use it and I could possibly rent it from him.

Yes abroad at the moment though so can't measure or test till Hes back .

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I have a standard size UK garage which is extremely small, and mine goes in with mirrors in without about just under a inch to spare either side of the thinnest part of entry, getting out is a very tight squeeze as not to hit the door against the wall, but I'm skinny so can squeeze out with no issues, I could not believe there could be a garage smaller than mine.

As for leaving outside, even though I live in a ok area I probably would have trouble sleeping with it out in the open, I do feel for you, as this was one of my biggest worries when I bought the car.

·
Vendor
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a standard size UK garage which is extremely small, and mine goes in with mirrors in without about just under a inch to spare either side of the thinnest part of entry, getting out is a very tight squeeze as not to hit the door against the wall, but I'm skinny so can squeeze out with no issues, I could not believe there could be a garage smaller than mine.

As for leaving outside, even though I live in a ok area I probably would have trouble sleeping with it out in the open, I do feel for you, as this was one of my biggest worries when I bought the car.

Maybe I need to go on a diet then lol

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I often left my Yellow one on the drive, no worries.
It became something of a local landmark...

Clearly it depends what sort of area you live in.

My MY14 always stayed outside on the drive too.
My wife's runaround is in the garage.
She gets the garage and I don't get asked questions about how much anything costs.
Works for me. :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I leave mine parked outside my house on the main road. No driveway. I do have cctv on the house which has come in very handy in the past, but I do live in a quiet village.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Just been in France with mine, I always choose hotels with secure private parking, usually with overnight electric gates.

·
Vendor
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I'm gonna wait till my neighbour gets back and then assess the situation .

My area is ok I suppose but their is some incidents occasionally and I just wouldn't feel comfortable at all leaving it there to be potentially vandalised .

·
Registered
888 Posts
I occasionally leave mine out on the driveway, but more often than not it's in the garage.

I have only a few millimetres on entry which it opens up a little once inside, but I reverse it in on a little bit of an angle which helps. The walls of the garage are carpeted though, just to prevent any door edge dings!!

·
Registered
907 Posts
It all depends on your area mine isn't the best area so i never leave it on the drive if it isn't kids playing football in the road its just people being nosy. I left my car out once and found a football print on the bumper never again.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have no chance of fitting mine in the garage. So it stays on the drive.
I do have CCTV.
And I do have insurance.
My mate even left his new Mclaren on there it was funny orange colour.
Now that got the attention of the local plod. They where out side my house
When we got back from a night out. Lol

·
Registered
470 Posts
I've got a big garage but never put the gtr in there as the Tvr lives there so cars on the drive. I've got pea shingle driveway and it's right near bedroom so if any late night people dare to venture on the drive I will hear them and if I don't the dogs will go nuts
So either let the dogs out to tear them apart or out comes my sniper rifle lol

If it don't fit in your garage and your worried then knock the front out the house lose a room and create another garage, if your mrs moans tell her that you need to get priorities in order lol

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
To be fair it's only a car and it will be insured...... It's not worth the mental torment!! I used to have the same issue years ago when I first started driving Evo's and scoobs....... Irrespective of where you put it, someone will have it if they want it.

Buy the car and just enjoy her!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts