GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you hire an r35 gtr for a day / weekend or longer and how much would You pay?

........ Chat ;-)

·
Super Moderator
16,099 Posts
I wouldn't hire one for the same reason, it'd be too expensive in the long run.:D

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well has anyone on here hired one?

i was putting down some figures about setting company to hire one out?

not sure if many people would go for it?

thanks

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I'd hire one for a track day, but I wouldn't tell whoever I hired it from that I was going to cane it on a track. And in all honesty, as it's a hire car, I wouldn't be gentle with it and I wouldn't lose any sleep over sticking it into the tyre wall/armco.

That's just me being honest with you, and I'm sure not everyone will treat a hired R35 in the same way that I would. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
397 Posts
I'd hire one for a track day, but I wouldn't tell whoever I hired it from that I was going to cane it on a track. And in all honesty, as it's a hire car, I wouldn't be gentle with it and I wouldn't lose any sleep over sticking it into the tyre wall/armco.

That's just me being honest with you, and I'm sure not everyone will treat a hired R35 in the same way that I would. :thumbsup:

im sure there would be a heavy deposit you would lose if something happened

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Nope.

Hire companies insist on large deposits and strictly prohibit trackdays.

Basically your bum would become Damon Hills personal property !!

:D :D

J.

Don't tell them you're going on track.

Don't they just want credit card details as deposit, so if you stack it they take their wedge then?

If that's the case, when you collect the car simply report the card you gave them lost. They'll have a hard job getting money from a cancelled card.

:chuckle:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
You're not very familiar with credit card fraud and the huge teams of investigators they have who have seen every scam going a hundred times before are you ??

Im glad you've come up with that foolproof plan.

Tell ya what - I'll go halves on hiring an Enzo with you and enter a round of the JDM drift championship in it, and we'll put the security deposit on your credit card and see what happens !!

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
You're not very familiar with credit card fraud and the huge teams of investigators they have who have seen every scam going a hundred times before are you ??

Im glad you've come up with that foolproof plan.

Tell ya what - I'll go halves on hiring an Enzo with you and enter a round of the JDM drift championship in it, and we'll put the security deposit on your credit card and see what happens !!

Being an honest citizen..............I know nothing about fraud!! :chuckle:

Please feel free to teach me, sensei. But unlike the proverb says, you really can teach an old dog new tricks................I'm all ears :thumbsup:

Cue 'wax on..wax off' guide to fraud..............over to you, J :smokin:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Most company's will want you to place a £2500 to £5000 deposit down before you take the car so there's not way of getting out of it. Ive seen people ask for £10k deposit on an LP640.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys. I guess nobody on here has hired one! I've looked into insurance etc.

And coatings. Just not sure how many people would pay to hire it and you could put a speed track on it to see how fast you been going ;-)

Plus measure the tyre depth before and after.

I'm going to see the nice man down the bank and see what he says.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts