GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi chaps,

i know wraps are a personal choice but I am trying to decide on a colour for my Blue MY11. Definately dont want to do Matte Red again.

So I was thinking of a Matte/Satin Bronze or copper colour? Will be adding carbon on the car. Was thinking Gold wheels to go with the brown/copper wrap? Or do you think it will look complete shite???

Just haven't seen one in that colour combo - I think it will look good. :confused:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I'm not sure on the gold/brown/bronze idea. Think the wheels might look too similar to the wrap.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
It's all personal choice/opinion..... In my opinion gold wheels are a no no no.... You will just get branded a Subaru wannabe chav irrespective of the calibre of your car.

If you want different I'm pretty sure you can get chamelion TVR style wraps now...... Dark purple with a green in it ;)

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I think eh gold or bronze Te37 look awesome. But on the right colour car.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think eh gold or bronze Te37 look awesome. But on the right colour car.
Te37 's will be on my car one day! They look good in gold!

I hear what you are saying about this scooby/chav thing though!

Chameleon colours dont do it for me!!! Theres a chameleon purple gtr wrapped that was used in F&F6 that I saw at Ace Cafe last year - it looked apalling!!! Looks good in pictures but too much orange peel and dullness in the wrap! I have never seen a gloss wrap that gives a good shine/finish - they all look blurry and distorted. Thats why Matte/Satin would be my preference!

So - if the wheels were not gold - would matte bronze look good on the car? Or shall I just scrap the thought right now and start again?

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Dark bronze (matte or gloss) looks good on most colours.

I'm not one for wraps though, look good on an iPad viewing pics on a forum but in person they don't have the same fresh look that paint has.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts

·
Registered
9,723 Posts
It's all personal choice/opinion..... In my opinion gold wheels are a no no no.... You will just get branded a Subaru wannabe chav irrespective of the calibre of your car.

If you want different I'm pretty sure you can get chamelion TVR style wraps now...... Dark purple with a green in it ;)
You would also be branded a chav for getting it wrapped too not only going for gold wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts