GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has one laying around gathering dust I am interest to buy one. The price range I can pay is around about 350 GBP. Much more than this is not really worth it because I can get one locally from all the wrecks that come from Japan.

Note I probably won't need the harness because the ECU will be used in an A31 nissan cefiro with a 2JZ GTE supra engine fitted.

Hit me up with what you have and let me know asap.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Better to get one from a scrap yard then mate as you will struggle to source one on its own especially for that money

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the offers guys. Like I said I can get one locally for cheaper than £600.

If someone was willing to let one go for £400 I would take it. Remember for this price I don't need anything except the ECU itself. The harness etc could be sold separately.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry guys I should make it clear that I can get a version 3.2 installed here everything included for about £550. Can also get a version 2.1 for about £350.

So in order for any kind of deal to be worth my while it would have to be a lot cheaper than this. Like maximum £400 for the V3.XX ECU alone, or £450 with a harness included.

·
Registered
723 Posts
If you can buy them that cheap why are you even bothering with trying to save a few £ then importing/paying taxes etc?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you can buy them that cheap why are you even bothering with trying to save a few £ then importing/paying taxes etc?
Can avoid tax most of the time by declaring it as used car parts and saying the value is low on paper. Depends on the shipping service one uses, but it works most of the time in my experience.

As for saving a few £... when living in Thailand, £150 is considered a large sum of money here and worth spending time searching around.

My main reason for posting this thread was because I checked and there have been a few F-Con ECU's sold here on this very forum for around £350-400. I was hoping to pick one up for this. However like I said before it seems like they only come up every now and then.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts