GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Does anyone here ever deal with the company by the name of AB88 at the website of :- - Autobahn88 ab88 Front Mount Intercoolers, Manifolds, Radiators, Quick Shifts, Silicone Hoses, Oil Coolers - ab88.co.uk ?

Is this a fraud/con company?I ordered a GTR34 headlamp carbon intake cover from them and it costs me 134.18GDB on 11/1/2010.And they email and told me they ship it out on 26/1/2010 via standard post.But till today 26/2/2010 I haven't receive my order.

Sometimes they response to my emails and sometimes no at all for several days.Now they email me and stating that they have to another 14 days to make and ship it via DHL.

I did try to ask them for their contact numbers but they claimed that they dont' deal and provide customer service through phones.

I really doubt they have ship it out as standard post does not has any trackable numbers.

Anyone of you ever come across this seller,please let me know.Really appreciate if anyone could do so.

I believe most of you guys wouldn't like to be cheated by such fraud/con businessman if they are so.

It's good to put up warning to the rest of our members to be more alert of such kinds of company.

Thankyou.

Peter.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm sure this is also the infamous flat4online.com, many people from scoobynet have been ripped off by these. The guy that runs both these sites is Scott Lawson.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys,dk052 & RB26NL,

I'm very much appreciate for your replies and info

Yes,I'm lucky to use PayPal to pay for the order.Actually,I did call PayPal yesterday and find out what's the best way to solve this matter.They did suggest to me to open a case of dispute immediately yesterday.PayPal only covers 45 days upon date of transaction,so mine order transaction is on 14/1/2010 and should expire on 28/2/2010.

So,I open a dispute case yesterday as recommended by PayPal.Hope everything could solve and I would able to get my full refund back.

Just for your info that in his website,my account,it shows that my order has been dispatched on 26/1/2010 via Standard Postage.After writing so many uncountable emails to him,he finally reply on 24/2/2010 saying that if I still want to continue with my order,he will get the item reproduce again and this time he will ship it via DHL.He will also email me the date when the item can be ready and ship.

To me,it seems like he is just taking opportunity to drag the time more than 45 days so that I would lose my refund possibilty from PayPal.What a smart ass he is.\\

It's good to warn all other members from such bloodsucking animal.

Thankyou very much you guys.Hope there's good news from PayPal.I will post reply should I have any news on it.

Regards.

·
Registered
752 Posts
its great you warned us about it, I was gonna buy an IC and other small things from those fkrs but no way jose anymore. Did you get your money back? I think they're also in ebay so watch out!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

It's good that you check through the forum before buying anything from online shops.Why not you try out Neweraparts or RHD,Japan?They are very reliable and trustworthy.

It's really lucky for me to purchase through PayPal.I open a dispute case within 45 days and after 2 weeks,I got my refund from PayPal.

Later I got a reply from ab88.co.uk and the mail sounds unhappy and ask me to go and shop from others.

This is a real mean kind way of running business.

There's no short cuts in life.

I really wish there's someone will take legal action towards such people.

Regards,
Peter.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I'm sure this is also the infamous flat4online.com, many people from scoobynet have been ripped off by these. The guy that runs both these sites is Scott Lawson.
If the guy is that well known, why hasn't anybody brought it to the attention of the police?

Not that they are much use, anyway.

·
Registered
752 Posts
enough said, we should spread the word through all skyline related websites and other websites too cuz they also offer parts for other vehicles.

·
Registered
19 Posts
lol, i ordered a gauge pod from them on sunday! and i recieved a email monday saying they did not have it in stock! and i was going to get a refund! so i waited till wensday, still no refund so i sent them about 10 emails asking for my refund ect! and finally they said they had done it! but i have still not recieved it!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
i must be lucky then because i ordered a complete heater hose kit off then and it was delivered quickly and i had no issues with them good quality parts at a good price as well. Hope you get this sorted out lets hope is just a mix up on their part.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I think they are also on ebay as i see there name in pictures etc but cant be to sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts