• No

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got the money for a 360 but i'm not sure if it's worth buying it. I already have an X-Box, is there anyway you can transfer the data over to the 360, or do i have to start all my games again? Any posts would be appreciated on if it's worth buying and the best games for it. Cheers

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Wooooooooooooooahhhhhhhhhhh!!! Steady boy:)

PS3 has only just been announced and with no price or games line up yet. The 360 is a fine choice for the online gamer and has a good range of first person shooter and racing games. Surely the decision should be based around the style of games this guy likes as opposed to brand loyalty? You can bet your life the PS3 will be superb but until we have a solid date, price and release list of games............well, would you want something now or would you wait 8 months? In my opinion I would have a look at games like
  1. Call of Duty 2
  2. Project Gotham 3
  3. Condemned
  4. Dead or Alive 4
  5. Fight Night
  6. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
If you've seen these running or better still played them, you'll know whether it's worth it or not and you won't have to ask people about opinions which are very difficult to quantify and be objective about.

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
590 Posts
360 is well worth buying, the PS3 may turn out better, but im sure there will be a fair few rainy days before then, when you wish you had a next gen console to play on!!

My old xbox & PS2 haven't seen daylight since the 360 arrived & I intend to buy the PS3 also, unless of course they start releasing titles like Grand Theft Auto on 360 the same time as PS

·
Registered
305 Posts
Get a 360, a few of us on here have one, we've had some great online battles on PGR3, you just need to watch out for Nick and Blowdog, dirty gamers :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
yes they got trust to do an intercooler, oil cooler and radiator however there still seems to be big heat issues, Trust and Microsoft have stated its going to be the first console to use liquid nitrogen, (how cool is the PS3 now)

:D

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm going to buy the 360 now, get PGR3 and trust me nobody is as dirty as me on the road (watch your rearquarters!) :D Then you'll only see me in your headlights

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
stuartstaples said:
Sony's press release on Thursday stated worldwide November Trev.
True, but when have Sony EVER delivered on time?

I would expect a Febuary 2007 U.K release ;)

I have a 360 and if you have an Xbox and like Microsoft, I highly recconmend the 360.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
When Sonys head honcho stands up in a press conference and puts his name to a worldwide release date, you would think that he'd be pretty confident about pulling it off. I know you're right that certain Sony products have been delayed, but most of the disappointment relating to their releases stems from consumers, websites, magazines etc jumping the gun with release dates when infact there hasn't been an official date published. We all get impatient when waiting for something we're looking forwards to (well I do anyway)
As has been said before there is plenty of time between now and November (or February;) ) to get your moneys worth out of a 360.
Just my opinions of course and we'll have to wait until later in the year to know for sure. I'm a little annoyed as I've made the decision to miss this years E3 and I would have had the chance to play one. (PS3 that is)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Hummm... I have one... And at the moment i would say... No... Reason? There are just not any GREAT games available at the mo...

PGR3 - Great game and good fun online
Ridge Racer 6 - Topps game... Absolutley ace, great fun!
Dead Or Alive 4 - Pah.. Just another Fighting Game with fancy graphics.
King Kong - Totally Awfull... AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE
Condemned - Very Good Game, Great story and satisfying... But a little short.

Most other stuff are just rehashes with better gfx... that Said the newer games, Fight night, Burnout, Ghost Recon, Full Auto are supposed to be good...

But that said... The Godfather is out on friday.. :D And Dead Rising will be out soon...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Get one as there alot cheaper now, i have mine linked to my plasma and 7.1 sound and its amazing.

Saying that i saw a HD clip of Grand Turismo 5 on the PS3 and it was mind blowing it looked like video footage of a car race so as others have said just buy both :) when you compare it to modding cars its cheap ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
the 360 is a superbe console however the ps3 when it comes out in the 1st quarter of 2007 will dominate...sony were not to happy the way the x box finished of the ps2 are are claiming this will not happen witrh 360..the ram used the ps3 from the spec sheet i read is about £250 x 4 so so you its going rule...expected retail is about £350 though i hear....we shall have wait and see...

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I have one and cant say I am impressed with the game lineup so far :(

It takes up less space than the X-Box I had and the graphics are fantastic as is the sound .... just be nice to have a decent game to play on it :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts