GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
My RHS xenon projector bulb has gone and I need to know what type of bulb it is to replace?

Nissan have a part number, but due to Christmas are a few weeks away from being able to supply one.
They can easily help me fit a new one if I have the bulb.

Doing a bit of research around the Phillips xenon products - it's either a D1S or D2S bulb.
Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance
James

·
Registered
535 Posts
Why are you paying for it? Surely under warranty at this age!

D
It will be nice if your right but i wouldnt think they would be a warranty item rather a consumable like Wiper Blades / Brake pads etc which means the owner pays up ??? unless a fault has occurred ????

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys

Warranty - no dice I'm afraid. It's a 'consumable item'.
There is no fault with the lighting system and is just a blown bulb - so muggins needs to foot the bill.

I have to wait for the Phillips people to come back from holidays next week - but it's faster than shipping one in from Japan.

Thanks again
James

·
Registered
535 Posts
Aren't these bulbs meant to be guaranteed for about 10 years or something?
A bit like those damn Energy efficient bulbs you buy for your home which should last 8 years and cost 4 x as much dosh and last a year if you are lucky :chuckle::chuckle: Try taking one back to B&Q after a year ......lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Haha yeah that’s fair comment but it’s not like they’re a fiver from Halfords.

I have an old 350GT so no warrantee cover etc and one of my bulbs gave up recently. Main dealer quoted me £300 for a new one with a 2-3 week wait for it to be imported. Fortunately I found a local car importer who had a new replacement delivered for me that afternoon for about £70. Still hurt but compared to my original quote.. I got over it. Good luck! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts