GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Anyone know where to get XENEON bulbs from.

Chhers Ton:smokin:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
bulbs

Get bulbs from middlehurst Nissan 150 plus but next day delivery
contact Gary Fanny (got ya)
Gary
GTART.CO.UK

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Xenons.

I had to replace one of mine and got one from a local Audi dealer for £70 + VAT. The lamp is a Panasonic D2S-35W.

When you get to taking off the black plastic circular cover to get to the bulb, there's a small grub screw in the bottom of it which has one of those star shaped allen key type heads.

Peter.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Bulbs !!

Gary (GT-FART),

Can I borrow a xenon bulb out of your old purple sh*tter ?

I had an enquiry for one, but hey !! They're on back order !!

Gary.
MM

(lol your move)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Bulbs

My Skyline has Bosch bulbs 'blue lights'.They look ok at night, and they seem to do a decent job of lighting the way.

Is there a bid difference between the Xenon bulbs & the ones the car has currently got apart from about £150??

Can the xenon bulbs go in any headlight unit or is there a special one??

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Xenons.

Paul,

There's a vast difference between Xenons and the blue light type after market bulbs. The Xenons give such a pure bright light which would probably equate to about 150 watt tungsten bulb. They are fed by a transformer at very high voltage and cost £500+ a piece as a complete replacement unit.

Peter.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
xenon bulbs

Hi

Peter which Audi dealer did you go to ?

The one in Aberdeen charges £121.00

Cheers Tom:smokin:

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Xenons.

Hi Tom,

It was Caffyns Audi in Hove. It was about a year back now and they'd never sold one before at that stage!

Their number is 01273 553061.

HTH.

Peter.

·
Registered
124 Posts
xeneon bulbs

I take it from the way you are talking you have to buy the unit first, i.e. you cannot just put these bulbs into the existing headlights.

Stewart:D

·
Registered
324 Posts
Does any one know if the Standared light will take High Watt tungsten lights like 150w Main 120w Dip? with out frying the wiring or adding lots of relays?

·
Registered
133 Posts
xenon bulbs

xenon bulbs are expensive in hk.

4200k & 6000k (phillips) - brightness & color of the 6000k - big diff. compared to normal 4200k & huge diff. compared to normal projector light - u don't want to look at normal bulbs again.

6000k xenon bulb will look even better than those ones on 911 turbo & audi rs4 & m3.

believe it or not.

michael.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts