GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one ever bought any xenon bulbs for a r34gtr ,it looks like a may need one,but i,ve heard thay retail at about £90:confused: .does that sound about right ,any one know were to get them or if that price is about right for ONE FICKING HEADLIGHT BUILB? now i know parts for skylines are expensive but thats just taking the **** unless i,m just out of touch with builb prices .:wavey: NISMOMAN

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump someone must know

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
MADsteve said:
send me a pic, and I'll try to get hold of one for you, for the cost of the stamps to send it.;) ;) ;)
Bloody hell thats an offer and a half!!!

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
a bit off topic, but what bulb can you use for the R33 projectors? Does it
have to be the same or can you upgrade it to a higher k rating? Reason being,
i saw a R33 with the projectors and it was clearly obvious it had different bulbs by the light it was emitting, looked very purplish and way brighter. What would be the max you could go on the stock hid ballasts?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts

looked better in the flesh. My friend has the stock bulbs and look no where near these.

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
The reason they expensive is because they are suposed to last nearly as long as the car,so they have to make money on replacements if needed.Yep they are about £90.00 but have seen em for sale on some sites mail order for £40.00 ish .

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
hyrev said:
a bit off topic, but what bulb can you use for the R33 projectors? Does it
have to be the same or can you upgrade it to a higher k rating? Reason being,
i saw a R33 with the projectors and it was clearly obvious it had different bulbs by the light it was emitting, looked very purplish and way brighter. What would be the max you could go on the stock hid ballasts?
I wouldn't contemplate altering the 'k' rating of the bulbs that you currently have, mainly for the reasons of:

Cost of replacement ballasts
Cost of replacement bulbs
Cost of replacement headlamp units
Maybe needing to rewire your car (see explanation below)

Ballasts are pretty fragile bits of kit. A couple of engineers at work converted a Rover from it's stock headlamp set-up to a 'Factory' Xenon set-up and all was fine for a week, then the whole lot caught fire. They'd spent a long time doing a proper job, but later found the bulbs weren't suitable for the ballasts. This has now made me very wary of messing about with Xenons in general.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts