GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am after a set of the glass Xenon headlamps for my R33 GTR.
If anyone has any on thier car or are selling any or anything then please let me know.
Cheers.

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
I've got a set of templates for the brackets I use to convert either the inner or outer or both sets of lamps to Xenons - If I could get shrouds made they would look almost identical with a bit of work.

Always an option - Can be set LHD or RHD too.

Xenons

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Matt, are your lights the glass ones?

You can convert plastic lights to glass ones?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So is the exterior lense on yours now made of glass Matt?

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
Ian,

The headlights in my car are the original (Standard Nissan) lights but with the halogen internals removed.

2 Sets of Audi A6 Bi-Xenon projectors have been mounted on brackets I designed (Which use the standard adjusters for alignment) and are now where the halogen units used to be.

The elipsoid lenses on the projectors are made of glass (if that's what you are asking?), the front exterior lense of the headlight is stock.

Exactly the same method used in the Nissan Xenons mate.

Matt.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have seen some R33 GTR's with the actual lense cover made of glass, i beleive these were called xenons and that is what I am after, I have the HID kit in my stock lenses but dont like the look of JDM style plastic lenses?

Does that clear things up? I am poor at explaining myself at times!!

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
I have seen some R33 GTR's with the actual lense cover made of glass, i beleive these were called xenons and that is what I am after, I have the HID kit in my stock lenses but dont like the look of JDM style plastic lenses?

Does that clear things up? I am poor at explaining myself at times!!
Ian,

It might be better if you post a pic of what you mean - the Nissan Xenons are mad the same way I made mine...
My headlight are not a HID kit, they are genuine Bi-Xenon projector units.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The purple Bee-R R33 GTR has these glass headlights as do a few guys on here?
They are glass and i thought they was called xenon's?????

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
The purple Bee-R R33 GTR has these glass headlights as do a few guys on here?
They are glass and i thought they was called xenon's?????
Ian, not sure why the images don't work in this thread but I've attached a couple below mate.
Xenon actually refers to the gas inside the lamp housing.

These are the Nissan (Standard) Xenon headlights, the glass lense you are refering to is the elipsoid lense (circled red) - the outer lense/cover of the headlight unit is still plastic as in the standard halogen units.

R33 Xenons

This is my car with 2 sets of Xenon projectors - same as above - but without the chrome reflector/shroud.

Light Off

Light On

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for putting the pics up Matt.
You have doen a fine job on those lights.

I am nearly sure that I have seen some R33's with lights where the outer lense is made of glass and not plastic? Was i seeing things and it was just the elipsoid inner lense which is glass then?

Thanks.

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
Thanks for putting the pics up Matt.
You have doen a fine job on those lights.

I am nearly sure that I have seen some R33's with lights where the outer lense is made of glass and not plastic? Was i seeing things and it was just the elipsoid inner lense which is glass then?

Thanks.
Ian,

The only other conversions I have seen are;

1. The much talked about 'Max Power' featured Nemesis R33 which had external projectors.

2. This one posted by Zee with a twin conversion, pics don't seem to work but the outer lenses are glass
All that was done was the standard outer plastic lense was taken off and the hologen units sealed.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the help Matt.

Going to keep my eye open for a set of these xenons now.

You have done a great job on yours by the way.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Matt i managed to get a look at a set of these today and you was completely right!
Your conversion looks great by the way.

I am still after a set of these.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts