GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I will hopefully be collecting a 2009 GT-R (black edition) this weekend. The garage says it has an "upgraded y-pipe and the 2012 gearbox upgrade", though no further details than that. I assume they mean the gearbox software - I'm wondering what will be actual real advantages be of these two upgrades?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi

I will hopefully be collecting a 2009 GT-R (black edition) this weekend. The garage says it has an "upgraded y-pipe and the 2012 gearbox upgrade", though no further details than that. I assume they mean the gearbox software - I'm wondering what will be actual real advantages be of these two upgrades?
About 80-90 bhp up on standard and the gearchange will be like it should have come from the factory.:)

Enjoy, stay safe and learn the car before going mad.

Leave the TC in normal till you get a proper feel for it, TC off and it can bite, HARD.

Satan

·
Registered
225 Posts
About 80-90 bhp up on standard and the gearchange will be like it should have come from the factory.:)

Enjoy, stay safe and learn the car before going mad.

Leave the TC in normal till you get a proper feel for it, TC off and it can bite, HARD.

Satan
Maybe, maybe not depending on if its had any tuning or just the gearbox software.

It could be just a Y-Pipe and gearbox software = 10/20hp gain.

Danny

·
Registered
785 Posts
You'll know if it's been Tuned/Maped by bringing the boost gauge up on the screen & toggling up and down on the cruise control switch on the right of the steering wheel. If it's been Maped then the boost with be adjustable.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was surprised when you said 80-90, I don't think any further tuning has been done, but I'm waiting on more details from the dealer. He said I shouldn't tell the insurance company which surprised me.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Can dealers update the gearbox software? Didn't think they did that, more than likely just had a warranty replacement gearbox.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Can dealers update the gearbox software? Didn't think they did that, more than likely just had a warranty replacement gearbox.
Mainly done by tuners, hence my assumption of the Stage1 tune.

Think Middlehurst are offering it now though.

Satan.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah Middlehurst offer the Ecutek stage 1.

I am close to booking mine in for March. :)

I also had the gearbox software update and some gearbox hardware upgrades before I collected.

I bet you can't wait. :)

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yeah Middlehurst offer the Ecutek stage 1.

I am close to booking mine in for March. :)

I also had the gearbox software update and some gearbox hardware upgrades before I collected.

I bet you can't wait. :)
Makes me laugh, when I took mine in there for warranty work, they
Slagged off Litchfield and any form of tuning.

Now they're doing the same kit!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts