GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I've done a search and sorry for another y pipe question, but not seen anything specific. My logic (!?) says I'd be better putting on the pipe before it has the 1200 mile service, having said that I'm not sure if anything is done at optimisation that will, or will not be affected by the addition of a y pipe??

Does it matter?

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Wont matter, some had theirs fitted at collection, some had theres fitted months after. They only thing i would really think about and i dont know how far away your optimisation is. Is that the car will already be at the HPC, so i would get it done then as its already there and you wont need to book it in for another time. But thats just me.

Edit: Optimisation, they check & adjust wheel alignments, adjust clutch plates, general bedding in.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't think it matters, like sin I waited until optimisation day and got it fitted by HPC at the same time. Although it was hard waiting for both opti and y pipe,LOL.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was told to wait until my optimisation but I think this was just a time thing... I was rushing them to get my car ready!

I think its whatever is most convenient

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help guys.
I'll probably get it done just before it goes in (if I can wait that long!) Alas my HPC wont fit a y pipe so I'll have to book it in with either Litchfields or Ben or change my HPC! All very frustrating.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
middlehurst did mine at first service

concierge pick up in London. Seamless

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
nope don't matter, just do it !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts