GTR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Y-pipe is 15hp usualy on an R35.
Y-pipe without resonator is OK and not too loud if you keep the stock down-pipes and catback but if you change both then it's anoter extra db so you want a resonator somewhere and the only place you'll have room for it is the Y-pipe so if you expect to change down-pipes and catback it's better to go straight to one with resonator instead of buying one without and 6 months later want to trade it for a resonated one when you upgrade these other components :)

So if I get a full system, am I to assume that the y pipe is resonated?? This is confusing ?
No mate. It's your own choice. You can have a full system with no cats and non res if you wish but it will be loud. Love the sound of the non silenced jdm password exhaust but it is mentally loud lol. The reason that a full aftermarket system say miltek can be quieter than just non res y is that the standard rear section doesn't have much silencing. I believe it's the cats in the oem y that do a lot of the sound deadening. After markets tend to have a bit more on the rear, but not all. When funds permit I'll be gettng the japspeed system. Sounds lovely and no gtr tax ; ) but tha said if I had plenty of cash I do love the full Titan!! Right I'm off hate updating on iPhone l

The Milltek is a restrictive 76mm exhaust though isn't it ?
It depends on your target power, I've installed GTC downpipes with Miltek resonated Y-pipe and stock rear section and the car ran 619bhp / 620lbft (at the crank).

The full Miltek system should flow better than stock rear section, it's good for at least stage 5 at 750bhp.

Anders

Had my new system fitted yesterday, went for the Russ Fellows 3.5" system, the build quality is fantastic and sounds good too, I would post pictures but have not posted enough to do so yet

I'd just make sure you stick with a dual 76mm to 89mm Y-pipe....

As AMS has discussed in a few threads back in the states, running dual 76mm to single 76mm leads to turbulence and backpressure. (AKA- Ebay $300-$500 Specials.)

As far as resonated vs non-resonated, I can appreciate the desire for both.

For me, I want maximum HP gains and like to hear the engine roar, so non-resonated is my preference.

It depends on your target power, I've installed GTC downpipes with Miltek resonated Y-pipe and stock rear section and the car ran 619bhp / 620lbft (at the crank).

The full Miltek system should flow better than stock rear section, it's good for at least stage 5 at 750bhp.

Anders
Yep, for a stock turbo car, 76-80mm exhaust is fine.

76mm should be good for around 700-750whp. Much north of that and it becomes a restriction...based on my own personal experience with my RB26 240SX.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
I think 1k for the full japspeed system will do me...especially if I was gonna pay 500 just fo the y-pipe.
Titan exhaust looks the business tho, bit pricey for me..

Very nice mate :smokin: That looks like the old CRP one with sport CATS. Was Russ the fella that made theirs?
Yes mate Russ made them for CPR, it is a de cat system and am well pleased with it, he had some downpipes there too an was so tempted to buy them but will see how it goes on Monday @ TRL before I do that

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.