GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Y-Pipe Drone 65mph-70mph Are there any that don't drone? latest aftermarket ones?

installed a milltek non resonated, and its drones like a troooper! (going downhill its quiet, uphill very loud, flat loud) lol

I have a stock R35, and dont want to change the backbox

Thanks folks

chron

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey Buddy

I have the Russ fellows Y pipe. Non res. No drone at all and a well made bit of kit.
I had a milltek on my old gtr and it was unbearable.

Adam

·
Registered
462 Posts
drone

I had a Miltek droned like hell, I had a stainless centre pipe with resonater made cured it. Im just about to put the centre pipe fore sale as gone titanium now

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
My 3" silenced y-pipes don't drone at all, plenty in stock if required.
I have one of these, very good... only a little bit louder than stock. I also have downpipes, so the perfect combination IMO. Quiet at low revs and then after 3500-4000RPMs the downpipes start to scream :D

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I also see your in the NW. If you ever wanna hear it let me know. Happy to help. :thumbsup:
Thanks bud, see you soon for a test run :bowdown1:

I had a Miltek droned like hell, I had a stainless centre pipe with resonater made cured it. Im just about to put the centre pipe fore sale as gone titanium now
thanks I will keep this in mind, on my non-drone hunt

My 3" silenced y-pipes don't drone at all, plenty in stock if required.

Thanks Paul, I will keep you in mind :D

I have one of these, very good... only a little bit louder than stock. I also have downpipes, so the perfect combination IMO. Quiet at low revs and then after 3500-4000RPMs the downpipes start to scream :D

thanks for the info bud :D

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Hi,

Y-Pipe Drone 65mph-70mph Are there any that don't drone? latest aftermarket ones?

installed a milltek non resonated, and its drones like a troooper! (going downhill its quiet, uphill very loud, flat loud) lol

I have a stock R35, and dont want to change the backbox

Thanks folks

chron
Could just swap for a Milltek resonated y-pipe? That's what I've got and it doesn't drone at all and still sounds decent on boost and that's with standard downpipes & rear section :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
I've got a GTC 90mm titan system with Russ Fellows downpipes, it does drone at 65-70 but there's a simple solution to stopping that.

I'm between Manchester and Leigh if you ever fancy a listen.

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Could just swap for a Milltek resonated y-pipe? That's what I've got and it doesn't drone at all and still sounds decent on boost and that's with standard downpipes & rear section :thumbsup:
^ It certainly drones less on mine, but I wouldn't say it's not there at all. I changed to resonated Y pipe for the noticeable improvement in drone reduction. However I have a Miltek system after the Ypipe so this may be the difference to a standard rear section..

·
Registered
644 Posts
haha your not alone matt!! :p ive got the res milltek Ypipe and have jus got so used to the drone I kinda like it :s it isnt too loud but I like the deep tone :)

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I've got a GTC 90mm titan system with Russ Fellows downpipes, it does drone at 65-70 but there's a simple solution to stopping that.
Yup 75mph and the drone stops :cool:

But I too love the noises these cars make. I'm on full milltek and no cats stage 4.25

·
Registered
2,426 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Definitely much more noise there than my one but sounds a lot less than the Evo. Personally, I like a bit of noise in the cabin, saves from having to drop the windows on a cold day :runaway: Plus, that's what the stereo's for :cool:
How can one have a GT-R and want the drone gone ?

+1 for the stereo input also, solves rattles too ;)

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How can one have a GT-R and want the drone gone ?

+1 for the stereo input also, solves rattles too ;)
because when I have the family in the car, its embarrassing and it pishhhess them off :squintdan

A little drone yes, not the galactic drone the non res milltek gives lol, BTW it will be for sale soon if anyone wants it, £200 delivered

If my car was pure track, it would be perfect.. but as my cars a daily as well, and it also moves the family round, well..........

1 - 20 of 29 Posts