GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the y-pipe from Milltek fitted today - makes it sound how it should have done from the start. To anyone who is undecided I can honestly say this mod really is a no brainer! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Chuck - designed not to give additional performance, just to make is sound the way the car looks - the standard exhaust just doesn't sound like a supercar to my ears!

The W word....... if it can be proven that the modification has directly caused an issue then I guess I'd have to accept it not be covered by warranty. Lets be clear, there is no such thing as a blanket automatic completely voided warranty - every problem should be reviewed and assessed by the dealer/manufacturer on a case by case basis.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Hi Chuck - designed not to give additional performance, just to make is sound the way the car looks - the standard exhaust just doesn't sound like a supercar to my ears!

The W word....... if it can be proven that the modification has directly caused an issue then I guess I'd have to accept it not be covered by warranty. Lets be clear, there is no such thing as a blanket automatic completely voided warranty - every problem should be reviewed and assessed by the dealer/manufacturer on a case by case basis.

that old chesnut coined by a HPC. Put your car on a dyno before and after and you'll see what performance gains seen. Your talking about removing restrictive cats. Every Y-pipe in the world for R35 see's a 10-15hp (depending on dyno/car)

·
Registered
866 Posts
At some point when my mates have confinced me that you only live once etc etc and who gives a monkeys about the warranty anyway lol

What's the deciding factor on going full system vs just a Y-Pipe ?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I had the same Y-pipe fitted to mine by Nobles. I'm stuck abroad at the moment with my car waiting for pickup. Sounds the biz.

Ally

·
Registered
942 Posts
Is there any effect on emissions that would have an effect eventually on M.O.T. compliance?
Also I like to avoid disturbing the neighbours when I come home late at night....do the decibels increase much at low revs?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My understanding is that the secondary cats are there to satisfy the stricter Japanese emissions regs - so it may even pass the UK MOT with the y-pipe in place, if the worst happens its about a 15min job involving a ramp and 6 bolts to replace the original :thumbsup:

Its a bit growlier at low revs but I've not had any complaints yet from the neighbours! Give Ben @ GTC or Iain @ Litchfield's a shout, you won't regret it!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just had my Y pipe fitted.. epic soundtrack now!

Quick question.. there was no middle undertray on my car where the Y pipe fits, is this normal?

Cheers
Rob

1 - 20 of 21 Posts