1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Got the Russ Fellows Y pipe only on mine, can't beat it in my opinion:bowdown1:

Dave.
+1 on that!

Short story

I bought the miltek non res, fitted and it sounded ok, and the drone was loud, and sounded like it was in the middle of the cabin

Did some research, got a russ fellows y pipe, drones about 1/4 less than miltek, and the drone sounds like it's coming from the rear, due to the design so it sounds more natural, like it's from the backbox

Also the sound is deeper and sounds more grumbly.

Then I got downpipes and it all went a bit mad! Love it.. Am thinking going russ full system, non silenced.. Wonder if the neighbours would like it.. Muwhhh ha.

·
Registered
907 Posts
full system all the way i started with a y pipe first then went for a full system and have no regrets love it.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Hello, just wanted you guys opinion, just a y pipe or full system?

Thanks P
Depends what you want to do with the car = Road or Track ???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's going to be for road, but I think the standard systems sound a little quiet. Not wanting anything too boy racer but something with a nice note. Also thinking of going to jm for a map and what other little mods could I do?

P

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
If you are going to be spending 1500+ on the exhaust you might as well just go for one of SVM or Litchfields package offerings, you'll get the power hike, responsiveness and sound.

Just a thought

·
Registered
95 Posts
Possibly look at the IPE valve remote control system also.
We fitted another one last week and our customer was over the moon. Great option being able to quieten the noise when you want via a remote control.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Depends what you want to do with the car = Road or Track ???
Precisely!!!

Silenced ypipe is still good for track, but downpipes will limit the tracks you can go to.

I do NOT see the value of the full systems, considering the ££££ pricetags. I have still not seen any proof that full systems provide any better results for up to stage 4 cars. After that, then maybe....

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Precisely!!!

Silenced ypipe is still good for track, but downpipes will limit the tracks you can go to.

I do NOT see the value of the full systems, considering the ££££ pricetags. I have still not seen any proof that full systems provide any better results for up to stage 4 cars. After that, then maybe....
+1

Ryan G found that the back box wasnt restrictive to stage 5

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts