GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me please , if adding a y pipe and or a sports exhaust invalidates the Nissan warranty. I have just had my car optimised and spoke to my supplying dealer and he states absolutely categorically Nissan will invalidate any cars that have aftermarket mods done to the car , some HPC,s are fitting for example Y pipes so whats the true story here ??, much appreciate the advice, all the best and thank you

·
Registered
168 Posts
Speak to Darren at Westovers (Bournemouth HPC) - he is their GTR Engineer, fitting a Y-pipe invalidates the warranty in regards to the exhaust, but if they Y-pipe does not increase the power then there is not an issue. Darren gave me the impression that Nissan Technical have now tested a number of Y-pipes and found that they dont affect the performance.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Can anyone tell me please , if adding a y pipe and or a sports exhaust invalidates the Nissan warranty. I have just had my car optimised and spoke to my supplying dealer and he states absolutely categorically Nissan will invalidate any cars that have aftermarket mods done to the car , some HPC,s are fitting for example Y pipes so whats the true story here ??, much appreciate the advice, all the best and thank you
Motorline?

·
Registered
297 Posts
the Y pipe will increase power though as it frees up everything. Also shifts the torque curve slightly up the rev range

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you were to have a warranty issue following y pipe fitment, then for the sake of 15 mins, have the original silencer re-fitted, prior to taking the car back to the HPC...

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
do a search, this has been covered a million times

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Million and 2 !! LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts