GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does fitting a Y Pipe such as the Milltek - by the HPC pre-delivery impact the manufactures warranty?

Also does it impact insurance?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
You'd be best asking your HPC what their stance is. They are the ones who will be dealing with any claim you have. Email them so you have something in writing.

Technically notify your insurance, but the issue is that they don't see the difference between a £6k full titanium system and your Milltek Y-Pipe. So maybe you should ask your insurance company what their view is on dealer fitted accessories from new.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
I declared my y-pipe to Admiral.

No difference in premium

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My HPC says the Milltek Y Pipe will not invalidate warranty except for the part itself and anything directly affected by it.

It does not affect engine, gearbox, drive train warranty etc.

Seems reasonable to me.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My HPC says the Milltek Y Pipe will not invalidate warranty except for the part itself and anything directly affected by it.

It does not affect engine, gearbox, drive train warranty etc.

Seems reasonable to me.
Mine too, but did insist it was a Miltek one!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I declared my y-pipe to Admiral.

No difference in premium
I'm with Admiral also - how did you describe it when you declared it to them? I still have nightmares from when I've tried to declare mods in the past and talking to the robot on the phone has been like banging my head against a brick wall... :chuckle:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'm with Admiral also - how did you describe it when you declared it to them? I still have nightmares from when I've tried to declare mods in the past and talking to the robot on the phone has been like banging my head against a brick wall... :chuckle:
My experience with previous mod's on high performance cars is that the run of the mill insurance companies and brokers use call centres where the person on the other end speaks from a script or what the computer tells them.

One of my son's was just going to buy a high performance bike which he found had a performance exhaust. His premium quote immediately over doubled from £400 to £850.

I have an excellent R35 quote from Keith Michaels and will stay with them now because they obviously understand the car, mod's etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts