GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first post, new to the forums.

I am curious if anybody has any information on the YMS (yellowhat motor sports) built R32s. Any information at all. I've found one on this board, one on another board, and a youtube video, but no real solid info.

From what I know, they come with built (hks/nismo) r33 motors w/ r34 turbos, amongst a bunch of other goodies. I've heard there were only 300 made, but then I saw a coilpack cover that said 016/100 which leads me to believe there were only 100 made.

Any info would be super helpful. I just purchased an R32 from Japan, (I'm in the US) and I'm pretty sure it's a YMS car.

Thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
932 Posts
On my way out but just wanted to let you know there's someone here, I'm afraid I can't help with your question though, sorry.

And welcome to the forum bud.

Kev.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Mark, thanks for sharing. I did see that thread, but I don't think he's been active on this forum in a while, unless I'm confusing him with someone else. I'm curious to know which mods were done by YMS and which weren't. I don't think they did AFM delete, or HKS ecu.

I'm curious about the history of these cars. How much mileage were on them when they were built by YMS, how much they sold for, how many there were, what the package entailed. When they sold them, how many there were, etc.

I should find more out about my particular skyline in the next few days, like does it have a YMS ECU, coilovers, titanium exhaust, nismo links, etc. What hp should I expect?

Trying to get ahold of someone who may currently own one who could help me out.

I'm going to be playing the waiting game for the next month before I take delivery of the car, so my head will be spinning, figuring out what I should or shouldn't buy in the meantime.

Unless this car really wins me over, I only plan to own it for this season to tide me over while my other track cars are out of commission.

Ben

·
Registered
26,268 Posts
hi, i dont think they "made 300"

it looks like its just an options package where by customers can choose levels of tune.

you get a nice engine plaque etc

its like anything being built by a tuner, rocket dancer, etc they all put their individual stamp on things.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for chiming in.

actually, that last pic I posted just seems to be boost-up packages they sell, so realize that it's not really helpful/related. actually had the decimal in the wrong place when I first found it/posted it.

most of these "YMS" cars look the same and have extensive mod lists that are the same... (built motors with hks/nismo internals), same turbos, same radiator, same strut bar, same general look to the engine bay.

There serial numbers on the coil pack covers as well. They appear to be numbered out of 100. so not sure what they'd number like that if they weren't to some sort of spec? It just seems like there's more to it than people bringing their cars in to have work done by the shop, and then labeling their cars as YMS skylines. Could be wrong, I'll try to dig deeper. I'm sure you know way more about than I do. Maybe they built a certain number of engines?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts