GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya Folks, I'm looking at getting a R33/34 in Feb and thought I'd join up here to get some prior knowledge from you guy's. I've already driven the R34 Vspec II (Ch4's Driven program used our airfield and we got to have a go (photos are Here and Here) and ever since it's been the car I've always wanted and now I can afford the insurance so I'm getting one, hopefully:D

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Welcome to the BB

You will gain lots of knowledge here, trust me!!!

As you say you've driven the V-SpecII, so you know what your missing out at the moment!!!

Hurry up!! Good luck in the purcahse.

By the way, that doesn't look like a V-SpecII, just a V-Spec. It ain't got the NACA duct or clear front indiactors??

Am I right in thinking that boys and gals??

When was that on driven then??

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Hi Ian,

Welcome to the GTR Register!
You will find a massive amount of people on here with knowledge on Skyline's. :)

Great pictures aswell. :) r33 v-spec, you're correct. :) The Skyline in the pictures is a V-Spec. The V-Spec ll cosmetic differences are clear front and side Repeaters, a bonnet vent, and a V-Spec ll sign on the back. :)
Ian, I'm sure you will get to know your Skyline's in no time at all. :D

Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Yeah just like I have!!!

Still a Skylines a Skyline!!!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was on in late '98 I think. They used RAF Wittering's runway and 3 pilots to compare between a jet and the car. We (groundcrew) had to prep a harrier for them to film around and we got to have a go for 2 hours at dinner :D :D. BTW that ex rally driver Penny is a fantastic driver, she donuted the Jag around a parked up harrier (1 practice then 1 take :D) Fantastic :D

PS The blokey presenter who run's the show mentioned that it was the V-spec II (remember it to this day because as soon as I saw it I knew I HAD to have one :D)

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Yeah just like when I saw the R33 at the motorshow!!! Just had to have one!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts