GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i picked my gtr up 2day after a 300 mile drive home i noticed the oil light came on and i had 0 oil pressure when i stopped at a junction.

once moving it raised to 2 and the light went off.

i parked it up and left it (phoned the old owner who told me it was running 10-40 semi synthetic,due to the new turbos being fitted)

just tried it before and once i started it the oil pressure was 4 bar,so took it for a spin and once it was hot the same thing happened.

on idle when im stopped the needle is bouncing up and down and the light is on.

allready talked to the old owner,and i agree it may well be the oil so im changing it tomorow morning.

maybe i should of posted tomorow after i change the oil and filter,but im just wondering if anyone had any input on this?

its gonna be a restless night :confused:

·
Registered
353 Posts
The Nissan oil pressure sensors are garbage..even a new one.For piece of mind just buy and aftermarket oil pressure gauge.The problems you are describing are quite normal for Nissans.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I'm just about to change mine for a fresh OEM one. I hate gauge clutter and having duplicated gauges all over well, seems less than ideal. I'll see how long this new sensor lasts - if it goes out quickly, I'll go aftermarket, but only if absolutely necessary.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the wost has happened the car has a brand new n1 oil pump fitted and it has failed. :eek:

turned it over earlier and there is a rattling noise coming from the engine.
i only picked it up yesterday and it has covered 300 miles.
im gutted.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
is it an R32? did it have a JUN oil collar fitted? I'm not hearing good things about N1 pumps these days and that's whats going on my engine as we speak...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news!

It happens all too often - new owners having a mechanical failure in the first few days of ownership. I don't understand why it happens, but it seems to happen.

Do you have receipts for the new oil pump, or for where it was fitted from the previous owner?

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Welcome to engine-rebuild-within-the-first-month city, population - hundreds :(

Mine lasted three weeks though before it went, suppose I was lucky :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
you should never of driven it once the oil light had come on and you had zero oil pressure thats asking for trouble,its them dam oil collars,and it seems to be very common,

hope its not to expensive to fix

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes its a r32
and im in contact with the old owner he is ringing the company who supplied the pump tomorow.
not feeling to good at the moment,even if i can get the bottom end parts im not sure there are any decent garages nearby who could do the work.(newcastle).

the old owner is a member on here,and is being very helpful.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
would r and p woods not do it? speak to scottie at japan import car, he may know somewhere else or may even do it if hes got time.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks m8,and i would just like to say to everyone that gal is the most decent bloke i have ever met.

i bought the car off him on saturday,then had the problems explained earlier.
im sending the car back down to gal on a trailer and he is going to sort it out for me.

as ive allready said, your a top bloke m8.

i cant wait till im driving it again,its the best car ive ever driven (and ive had a few) :chuckle:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts