GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently went to got my map check because I've been seeing some high knock values and was going on a road trip.
Didn't take too long for the tuner to come back to me and say the map was bad, but.... he couldn't sort it within the time I needed because of the Power FC version I have.

He said my power fc was a realy old version and that it could not be mapped using a laptop, and any changes had to be done using the hand commander. Anyone heard of this before?

Ali

·
Registered
720 Posts
i think thats right about the very old PFC versions, there were also some versions made by a company for apexi that are slight different -[ i may be wrong, correct me if i am... ]

whats the whole spec of your engine ?

someone may have a map similar to yours which you can copy to your PFC, and tweak with a hand-commander, either yours or tuners - rather than having to do all the map on a hand commander/controller which could be more expensive?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks turby, sorry for the delayed reply

Engine spec is pretty standards apart from HKS air filters, arc intercooler, upgraded downpipes and exhaust (cat in place). Greddy boast controller set to 1 bar.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Can you supply the version number of the PFC?

According to FC-Datalogit there is no limitation regarding PFC models able to program..

Text below taken from the page: FC Datalogit - Tuning Software for your APEXi Power FC

FC-Datalogit works with all version of power fc which includes all AP Engineering versions*.
FC-Datalogit comes complete with all software for all versions of Power FC
*Please note: If your version of Power FC hasn't been scanned before you will simply need to email us the scan taken by the FC-Edit software and we will update the software for your version - this process generally takes 24-48 hours from receiving the scan.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have looked through my different Datalogit- program versions and can see no reason for your version of PFC to be un-mappable (albeit a scan is possibly required).
Anyway I know that version 3.11D is supported, so I believe your version is so too.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks bobban, the tuner in question had suggested it would be better to get a new ecu. So your information will save me a load of money. I'll get on to another tuner and see what they can do.

Ali

·
Registered
271 Posts
99% Sure my version is 3.12b and it got mapped on datalogit. Although there was an issue with it not map tracing, the work around was to swap between two of the menu settings (can't remember which two) that got the map tracer working.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.