GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, another problem for you all to assist me on.

I am having Blitz speed defender fitted soon, and yes you guessed it my speedo goes up to 110MPH. Anyone know where I can get a replacement? How Much do they go for? How easy are they to fit? What does one do about the milage?

Thanks for perusing my dilemas.....

Si:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you have a manual car all you need is a chip that confuses the speedo head into thinking in MPH, then it simply transforms the 180 KPH limit into a 180 MPH limit. I got my chip for about £100 and fitted it myself. Drop me a line if you want details.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Jamie @ JW racing will sell you a speedo converter for less than £60 which you screw into your gearbox, then the speedo will read mph... (im assuming that your current speedo is the original 180kph one?)
then hey presto!!! 180mph!

Si, how much is the cut defender costing you??? £100 - £130?? you could get something like the Apexi RSM or blitz Powermeter ID, both of these are a bit more expensive at about £200 but they are a hell of a lot cooler!

·
Registered
50 Posts
speed cut removal

Have any of you guys with an R32 tried this method I found on another site a while back? I dont wish to blow my ECU up if the information is incorrect, so anyone tried this method.

Cut wire #53 on the ECU harnes to disable the 180 kph speed cut. The wire is yellow-green with a silver trace. Insulate the bare ends with tape. Maybe wire in a switch to enable / disable the speed cut.

Note:

This impacts the HICAS diagnostic mode - will not exit the diagnostic when 10kph is exceeded.
This mod is only for legal off street activities - ie drag racing, circuit racing, speed trials (eg the annual Ohakea trial) or if you live in a country where the speed limit is over 180 kph.
It is up to you to ensure your engine does not run lean at high speed - you will loose your engine if it does.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I saw that idea too... but was too worried about the HICAS system... the best idea is to get a device to allow you to properly disonnect the speed cut... the RSM and blitz also allow you to wire in shift lights and over speed warnings and program your own speed limit in... RSM also does G-force... :)

but both are more expensive than a pair of pliers!!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was told about the cutting wires jobby, but I went and asked Rod and he says its a No No. The wire also controls something else and I dont reckon Nissan could ever design something that simple do you??

I'm having the HKS on for just under 100 quid Matt. Also a Nismo Boost guage and Housing and the Turbo Blown to .9, which rod says is Maximum safety level for a well engine!

Might be goin up on Saturday cant wait either!!!

Any Ideas on How much the replacement is from Middlehurst Anyone?? I know the KPH on is a bit pricey, but I think its the way to go..........

Thanks Guys

Si

PS My Blitz NUR is now sitting under the Skyline and I do Like it MUCH!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts