GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 questions on these tyres :-
yokohama advan AO-48R, toyo888 or Dunlop do1-J

[1]where is the cheapest place to buy these tyres ?
[2] any idea which have the best grip. would they be suitable in the rain (i dont drive fast on wet roads but would like reasonable road holding in the wet.
[3] i would like to get 5000miles+ out of them, is that realistic for semi slicks?

got bridgestone potensa at the mo.

had a look on mytyres and cant find any of them, called yoko direct and they wont sell to the public......

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
The cheapest place to buy Yokohama Tyres ois through the GTROC. Membership of the Club entitles you to buy Yokohama tyres at wholesale prices, shipped direct to your door overnight.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks all above for your help.:)
anyone had any experience with the Dunlop DZ02G. that and the hankook are the only ones in the fitment i need 245/45

also, does anyone know the difference with 'ZR17' and 'R17', both rated Y

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
thanks all above for your help.:)
anyone had any experience with the Dunlop DZ02G.
Ran them on the car from April to September. Dry and the wet. Cannot comment on how they compare to another make as I have only used D01J. Wear seemed ok to me and grip was good. They were ok in the wet when new and soft but not so good as they got old and hard.
There is details on discount from dunlop in the owners club discount section.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Toyo´s are sh*t in the rain,compared to the yoko´s.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
am thingking of getting a set of 16's with r888's or proper drag tyres for racing and getting something good all round for my 18" te37's, any ideas?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I bought a set of R888's for trackday tires. I called around to all the Toyo dealers in my local area, and they all quoted me the exact same price. So unless GTROC or some other group can set you up with a deal, it doesn't really appear to matter where you buy.

I have no complaints about them on the track, but I also don't have any other r-compound experience to compare them to. I also have not run them in the wet, yet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
D01J is an ancient tire - nowadays its the Direzza DZ03G

I like Advan A048 but these are old now too.

I'd go RE55S or DZ03G as they are the newest types available and should be the best :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
considering the hankooks, but the write up on the kumho ku15's got my attention. £85 a tyre, and top rated at 1.0 for dry grip and braking, i go easy in the wet so it looks a good option. 'plkettle' has a set and reccomended them on another thread i posted.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The Kumho Ecsta MX (KU15) is not an r-compound tire. It is nowehere near the same league as an R888 (I don't know anything about the other two original choices). It is a good street performance tire, and fairly inexpensive. But you won't get many miles out of them compared to the Goodyear Eagle F1, for example. See the other post for my experience with the tire.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Yoko all the way.Much better grip than the rest and pretty good in the wet also.Make sure you get the correct compound for your requirements

1 - 15 of 15 Posts