GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one tried these on a skyline as I might plump for a set , the car is a R32 Gtr circa 600bhp mainly used on track and spirited dry weekend drives;-) your input would be appriciated

Cheers Tommy

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers buddy! Have read a few good reviews on net so reckon I will get them, btw I'm very tempted at the r35 brakes in for sale section :)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I'm sure you know this tommy but the a048 is a very different tyre to the ad08.. Imagine r888 type for th 48's and federal RS-R's for the ad08's... Both good but r888/a048 much better just for track... I think- could be wrong!

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Cheers buddy! Have read a few good reviews on net so reckon I will get them, btw I'm very tempted at the r35 brakes in for sale section :)

I will be going for a set of Neovas, they are very good tyres. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC83IbX__Gg

Just got back from a bit of a shake down testing out the R35 brakes and getting a proper feel for the HKS suspension. I did some bedding in of the pads and brakes and all I can say is I was amazed how much bite they had over the R34 Brembo you can really feel all 4 brakes working very well. As for people who said brake bias would be an issue I can say have trail brakes into a couple of corners this was not the case the car remained well balanced.

As for the suspension I could not fault them for road use and handled uneven surface really well and stood up well on the high speed bends having pulled up at a set of services and stiffened them up. For track use I will be going for a set of Nitrons which I am about to order.

·
Banned
1,032 Posts
Federal rsr's are cheap crap compared to the AD08, and toyo r888 are so soft they don't last and are horrible in the wet. Never used A048's

I'm sure you know this tommy but the a048 is a very different tyre to the ad08.. Imagine r888 type for th 48's and federal RS-R's for the ad08's... Both good but r888/a048 much better just for track... I think- could be wrong!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I had both tyres the A048 is a great tyre,very stiff sidewall and exceptional dry grip,now superseded by the A050.

The Advan Neova AD08 is a good compromise but for dry road or track days I would get the A050.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Federals RSR (the trackday tyre) are cheap, but wouldn't say crap.

I have them on my 32 and it acquitted itself well on a wet day at brand 57-58 second laps not revving the nuts off it.

Sure the top Yoko and 888s would give a better laptime, but the RS-Rs are lasting well for a big heavy Skyline.

Would def by again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts