GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I'm a new member and my first post is a big question( at least for me )
I'd like to change the stock equipment for track days only, does anyone of you guys tried the tyres up above but only in track days, not street use
I want to keep the 20"measure.
Looking forward to hearing your feedback :confused ::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Stick with TOYO R888, they're your best bet for 20" track tyres, widely available and cheap in comparison to other options.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.tks Rob, but how long do they last? They're not runflat, so don't they have a softer sidewall in comparison with Dunlop ?
I've a friend in japan, he works with Tommy Kaira and he told me they're cheap and they cannot withstand the stresses on tyres.
Did you try the other 2 choices?
An Italian mmagazine tried the following and this is the verdict:

The Toyo though they may appear seizing, very disappointed, they are very poorly flowing and make the car skating, with the Pzero skidding almost to zero, but also not very flowing Sportcup are awesome, cling once hot and flow very much with the latter, I also have the top speed to 310km / h gps against pzero 306 and 295 of the Toyo.

I'm getting more confused

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
The Toyos you can buy through the club (GTROC ? GTR Owners Club) are specifically for the GTR and widely accepted by all our track day drivers (and Jake Hill who is the GTROC race instructor) as the best choice off track use.

They have a stiffer sidewall and (apparently - I haven't used them) are decent price with excellent grip.

MPSS and Dunlops are decent on track but get destroyed fairly quickly and Bridgestone are cheap and 'interesting' in the wet.....Steve?

No idea about the others and be interesting to see how MPSS Cup stand up to scrutiny.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tks, just as the best way to understand how a brand new tyre works is to try them , I bought a set of MPSS same measure of the standard Dunlop.
STay tuned:):)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts