GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the above tyres on the GTR yet?
These tyres got rated very high at the EVO MAG latest tyre test, rated highly for steering response and stiff sidewalls for sharp direct steering and the best wet weather grip on test aswell and were highly recommended for typical changing uk cold damp weather.

Maybe these tyres could be a good blend of the good attributes from oem runflats and MPSS.

I'm Not sure if they do the 255/285 or the 275/305 sizes yet though.

Another top American mag did a test with these new yoko's with MPSS and 2 other top tyres and they confirmed the same things evo mag did aswell ie the stiff sidewall and sharp steering response etc even over the MPSS.

That could be really handy cus I personally would not like to loose the sharp direct steering response I'm getting from my oem bridgstone runflats when moving to MPSS.

Just wandered if anyone else considered these tyres or heard about them as they have only been out 6months or so and in limited sizes ATM.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I had Yokohama AD08's on my RB320 & they were awesome!
One of the best tyres i'd used, in conjunction with a full GEO set-up by someone who knows what they're doing!

Just to add, i'd tried a few different tyres, Pirelli Corsa, Vredestein Sessanta, Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 2.....

I know it's not on a R35, but i've only owned mine for a couple of weeks....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AD08 is a awesome tyre and is the more aggressive type of tyre like the Toyo r888s.

Advan v105 competes with MPSS type of tyre with good tyre life and wet weather performance compared to ad08 and r888s.

Ad08 is rated very highly in jap and USA.

And on evo/sti's they must be awesome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts