GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a bit of an idea for a wee project - anyone who is willing to share their car's race weight and best 1/4 mile time and trap speed, please post it here!

It doesn't matter if its the fastest or slowest, the only important thing is you must be able to give a good idea of your race weight (car weight including fuel/driver etc), and your trap speed. Any other details would be a bonus :)

Depending on the response, I intend on building up a chart showing the combinations and if it comes out well it could serve as a nifty resource.

Cheers!
Dan.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers :) BTW, I probably won't respond to all posts.. just add the data to my spreadsheet until I have a reasonable stash.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
9.65 @147 T51 SPL santa pod

1540kg with driver..

More power and less weight and i havent gone much quicker yet :D

Rob

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
7.86 @ 177 mph

1277kg with driver

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
1660Kg, 10.1 @ 137mph, no gas, well not the NOS kind.....

Reece, 1329Kg - Robbie Ward isn't hiding in the boot is he? Totally, totally awesome.

DaveG

·
Registered
6,560 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice :D I didn't realise it was still that heavy, or that you felt it was underpowered! It always looked like you guys were winding back power to keep use of the blacktop as it was, its going to be awesome to see how it goes with the new turbo etc :)

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
I was in the boot looking down for suspension secrets, lol.

What was the theory behind going for a different turbo setup/more power when in NZ at least, you clearly can't use the power you already had?

Ballast Rob.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was in the boot looking down for suspension secrets, lol.

What was the theory behind going for a different turbo setup/more power when in NZ at least, you clearly can't use the power you already had?

Ballast Rob.
Your right, i think we will be able only to use a certain power level in NZ, as you would have found out:D

But we are getting prepared to make an attempt at our record.

And we think in order to do this we will ship the back to Aussie and leave the car there for a year,and compete at a full calender of racing,this way we can get some good seat time and info, and you can rely on some top level tracks and weather.

And the turbo theory is, that the only place that we can make up some time is the second half of the track,hence the bigger turbo.

I dont think we can improve the first part of the track much as the car just doesnt have enough tire for the power it can make.

We feel that is the area were we cam improve.

We will dyno the car soon,so we will keep our fingers crossed.

And why is winter so long??
I want to go racing!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Your right, i think we will be able only to use a certain power level in NZ, as you would have found out:D

But we are getting prepared to make an attempt at our record.

And we think in order to do this we will ship the back to Aussie and leave the car there for a year,and compete at a full calender of racing,this way we can get some good seat time and info, and you can rely on some top level tracks and weather.

And the turbo theory is, that the only place that we can make up some time is the second half of the track,hence the bigger turbo.

I dont think we can improve the first part of the track much as the car just doesnt have enough tire for the power it can make.

We feel that is the area were we cam improve.

We will dyno the car soon,so we will keep our fingers crossed.

And why is winter so long??
I want to go racing!:thumbsup:
Legend! I cannot wait to see the results. Amazing!

·
Registered
363 Posts
9.5 @ 126

1574kg with driver

missed 4th gear due to clutch malfunction at the 1000' mark and rolled in neutral through the traps...hence the low MPH.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts