GTR Forum banner

Which exhaust would you prefer for a Skyline R34 GTT?

• HKS HiPower

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Blitz Nur Spec R

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Apexi Bomber 3

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Kakimoto Full Mega N1

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in search of a new exhaust option for my R34 GTT. Any suggestions? What do yu think out of the poll options given?

Most YouTube videos aren't giving enough justice to the exhaust sound. I find myself searching to hear it on different cars (which completely changes it's sound).

Where can I find proper sound files for exhuast options for my R34 GTT?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Haha yes that's true, I will buy the tomei very soon:)
Now i have a blitz nur spec under my car, but that is from a friend of my.
So soon i have the tomei:)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had a Blitz nur spec R on my first R34 and iv just fitted another to my current R34.. Im sure everyone has there preference but i wouldnt have any other exhaust.. I absolute love the aggressive tone this exhaust has.. Mine also has a straight through mid section too, so it sounds even better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a Blitz nur spec R on my first R34 and iv just fitted another to my current R34.. Im sure everyone has there preference but i wouldnt have any other exhaust.. I absolute love the aggressive tone this exhaust has.. Mine also has a straight through mid section too, so it sounds even better.
So what do you mean by a straight through mid section? Is there any way you can make a video of your exhaust cold start, driving by, and reving?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Basically My exhaust runs all the way to the turbo.. meaning no cat in the mid section..

The cars off the road atm having a GTR body conversion but its due to be coming back in a few days.. so i can do a cold start, warmed up revving and idle sound.. but drive by wont be just yet.. if you youtube though,, there should be some drive by ones on there.. i always go to youtube for reference

·
Registered
197 Posts
Heya,

Had the Kakimoto on mine, test pipe etc.
The version i had went to a 4.1/4" tip and was ear-achingly loud and could be heard about 3km away.
Long trips (like over 20 minutes) would give me nasty headaches.

I sourced and fitted an Apexi active tail silencer (opens under boost) and it got rid of the drone and the headaches, though made the car VERY quiet (good for me, but some people like loud exhausts) The silencer is designed to open under pressure and dyno runs showed the performance decrease wasn't anything major.
Hope this helps!
:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts