GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just received my pride and joy (Black Edition GTR) after having a Range Rover sport HSE and BMW Msport Convertible stolen off my driveway - Busted door, grab keys and gone, style robbery - Since then i have added telescopic driveway poles, New alarm system in the house with 'Night set' a tracking device and installed a digital safe where keys are kept every night. Couple this with the standard GTR security, in your opinion, is there anymore i can add? I know these cars are nicked to order by people who don't want to wait, or pay full price so i want to be 100% sure i am not targetted again.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You could disconnect some wires/hoses under the bonnet each night. Costs you nothing and costs the thieves time. Then you could consider steering and handbrake locks. All you can do is hope to slow them down and make them look for easier targets mate.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Get a camera outside with hard drive recorder. will constantly record your drive way, front door etc. can get deals now from electrical wholesales. Will be about £300 quid all in. Prob get two cameras for that as well.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
A proper driveway bollard

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
when my car got keyed I put up a cheapo ebay day/night camera...really good quality for the price with a hard drive with motion detection and timer etc etc. Got footage of druggy looking through windows with torch at 4.51am..was in my car at 5 so just missed the bastard..the reason I knew something was amiss was that there was dew on the car and the windscreen had a big wipe mark... that and finding out a girl around the corner had had her car broken into...got some nice clear imagas..saved to disc and handed into my locl policing team....I tolerate a lot..but not people touching my car

·
Registered
535 Posts
I Pay dear for my Car Insurance because of the postcode I live at, anyway it appears you have done quite a bit although you can always do more .....but how much and how far do you go ???

Ive not taken delivery of my GTR yet ....waiting for the Phone call :blahblah:

Since waiting the 18months for my GTR I have like so many I guess upped my Security e.g Lockable wrought iron driveway gates / Ram raid posts that you lock with Disc locks and the posts lower into the concrete they were buried in / Additional lighting so the driveway is like a flood lit football pitch ....not quite ...lol ........I might go for something visible aswell e.g. A Wheel Clamp and the next as suggested by others some CCTV, I hope thats makes the scum bags go else where to a soft target.

Oh yeah ive got 2 x Rotties who also have free run of the House.

Interesting when you look around approx 75% of driveways are easy access e.g No gates :confused:

CJ

·
Registered
411 Posts
wouldnt it be simpler if you kept your keys elsewhere... your bedroom for instance... or even under your pillow next to the handgun

1 - 9 of 9 Posts