GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3rd wash in a week also third tank off go go juice , ypipe going on at 2pm i was 43 on sunday past and the excitement is more than when i had my first evo at 24 馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃獋馃獋馃槏馃槏馃檲

Attachments

Ooo Matron !
One of the first things I did was to fit a y-pipe to mine, the second thing was to go "oh".

However, lots of owners thinks it makes a good improvement to their car's sound, so maybe it was just me ?

Premium Member
R32 GTR
One of the first things I did was to fit a y-pipe to mine, the second thing was to go "oh".

However, lots of owners thinks it makes a good improvement to their car's sound, so maybe it was just me ?
I skipped the Y pipe went for full Russ Fellows downpipes and exhaust. Sound was amazing, build quality for the price was also amazing

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I skipped the Y pipe went for full Russ Fellows downpipes and exhaust. Sound was amazing, build quality for the price was also amazing
Love the sound off the ypipe perfect for me was a used one came from andy at speedtech loud enuf for me love it when your on boost and then back off the throttle i find it quite loud compared to standard not sure if its any faster maybe more responsive but love it 馃憤

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Love the ypipe perfect sound for me mate wont be modding the car if i ever change my mind will be stage one no more its more than fast enuf totally in love with it

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well done, I bet it won't stop there!

When I got my GTR in 2020 I did Litchfield Stage 2 then last year I went Litchfield Stage 4.

All very worthy steps IMO
Well done, I bet it won't stop there!

When I got my GTR in 2020 I did Litchfield Stage 2 then last year I went Litchfield Stage 4.

All very worthy steps IMO
How much more stress is on the engine ,gearbox etc at stage 4 the car has been tickled so far everthing works perfect a dont want to be having big bills or wrecking anything as for the tickling it has experienced some shoe now i give it a bit now an again will never experience the red rev range

Ooo Matron !
I have a Russ Fellows' one myself, but with OEM downpipes. That is much more like it !!

But I like lots of noise. On my previous V8 Esprit, I just had straight pipes after the cats. And because the engine is in the back, they are only about 18" long.

Premium Member
R32 GTR
How much more stress is on the engine ,gearbox etc at stage 4 the car has been tickled so far everthing works perfect a dont want to be having big bills or wrecking anything as for the tickling it has experienced some shoe now i give it a bit now an again will never experience the red rev range
I had Litchfield stage 4 for the last 18 months of owner ship, it was tracked multiple times, driven at a sprint event and covered roughly 15k road miles an I never had any issues

R35 Section manager
I kept my car at stage 1 for 7.5 years without any issues. Its more than fast enough for road use imho!
Generally when you hear of gearbox issues it is from cars from stage 4 upwards. Although the issues don't happen regularly it does happen.

Registered
It's a Litchfield Stage tune which are quite incremental between each stage so you're not pushing a huge amount past stock up to Stage 4 and the GT-R is quite an over engineered car IMO. I've got a 2014 DBA model and Stage 2 got me to 620 BHP with 555 ft/lb torque and Stage 4 got me 647 BHP with 586 ft/lb torque. I went for Stage 4 over 4.25 as it keeps it road and MOT legal by keeping the primary CATS.

DBA gearboxes are supposed to be a little more rugged than CBA so I feel it's quite a safe tune, time will tell of course. You can keep your car stock and still get engine or gearbox issues so it's not a simple answer.

Take a look at Litchfield upgrades: Litchfield GT-R Stage Upgrades | Litchfield Motors

I found Stage 2 a nice increase to performance from Stock so if you are worried about reliability you could try that and you might not feel the need to go to Stage 4.

Ooo Matron !
I have a Russ Fellows one with standard downpipes too, but I don't think the GTR will ever sound very good personally. It's a shame, but it just isn't a nice-sounding engine!
Do you have silencers? Mine in straight through and I've had comments from people about how good it sounds. Once I had someone wind his window down on a two lane city centre road and tell me how fantastic my car sounded !

Ooo Matron !
I found Stage 2 a nice increase to performance from Stock so if you are worried about reliability you could try that and you might not feel the need to go to Stage 4.
That's what I'm at. Change the exhaust, ECU remap, and for mine (MY2010), I've gone for 485 to 600 ponies for just over 拢2k.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers guys may go stage one at some point but defo no more love my ypipe nice rip off it now but ive decided dont need it any faster cant see that changing much faster ill need a boing 747 馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀 i got a second hand one from andy at speedtech for 15o bucks great nic

Registered
Did you fit it yourself or at a garage! i was going to get Russ Fellows one but a local 'autosport' garage in southampton just quoted me 拢600 to fit y pipe only, surely that's a piss take, said it takes 3-4 hours?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did you fit it yourself or at a garage! i was going to get Russ Fellows one but a local 'autosport' garage in southampton just quoted me 拢600 to fit y pipe only, surely that's a piss take, said it takes 3-4 hours?
5o quid to fit 15o for second hand ypipe from andy at ac speedtech it was like new and it took ma mate at a good tyre and exhaust place 4o mins to fit been using these guys for years if that quote is just to just to fit ypipe thats a joke

Premium Member
I love my Russ Fellows Y pipe, as for 拢600 that is a joke, it is 6 bolts and 20 minutes!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts