GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
he is ok, i have allways got on with the guy TBH

very polite guy in person and i think we all need to remember that what we see on the net is meerly a "persona" that we create that is normally totally different to the real person

i say give this YYY a chance if he is Yunis or not eh?

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Banning is not an arbitrary process and we all do discuss it before making any decisions. It is also not a permanent thing, it can and often is temporary.

We all just want what is best for the forum (believe it or not!;) )

:)

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Before I say anything else, I DO NOT wish to question the mods decisions about who is banned or otherwise however can someone explain why Yunis was banned? I only ask this as some of his posts I have come across in the past seem to be very informative.
Obviously he has been a naughty boy but was just curious to find out what he did/said...
If folks wish to PM me rather than provide ammo for folks to start an 'unfair banning' crusade in an open thread then feel free.
Also, if the mods feel its none of my business then please say so.....no offence taken.
TT

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
i think we all need to remember that what we see on the net is meerly a "persona" that we create that is normally totally different to the real person
Most people I know are the same on here. It is a car club not a group of performers, so why should we have to act different?

·
6,821 Posts
Banning is not an arbitrary process and we all do discuss it before making any decisions. It is also not a permanent thing, it can and often is temporary.

We all just want what is best for the forum (believe it or not!;) )

:)
I hope you told Mycroft the same, as he's sitting in a small box in your cave . .:p

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Most people I know are the same on here. It is a car club not a group of performers, so why should we have to act different?
no i mean we have a "perception" of what people are like, i dont mean people should put on a performance for the forums i just mean that most people (in my experiance) are very different in person to what i thought they would be like after getting to "know" them on the internet:nervous:

for instance a friend once turned up at a house of some guy he had met on the net that had built a few engines and semed to know a bit about the cars (mini's) in general.....after asking "a woman" at the door if he could speak with "rich" was greeted by a 13-15yr old boy who had been building cars with his dad since he was knee high lol

i think you know the guy in question SteveN? (Chip)

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Chip as a small boy? lol!

I bet he looked like Eric Cartman :D

Mustve been a long time ago, hes in his late 20s now isnt he? Im pretty sure Chips older than me.

And Yunis, well, I cant even remember why he banned, but remember im glad he is, lol

And im SURE he different in reality, everyone gives it the biggun on the net and when you meet them its the milky bar kid, but i remember at least one person (a company) was ****ed off with him in real life too, lol.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
lmao... I know Chip, have done for years... If thats a good thing or not Im not sure ;)

He's well into his 30's now Steve. Rich is a different guy all together, lives up near Wallingford.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I remember Yunis from before, seemed to have a crush on someone here........

Edit and it was good that he has gone, check the post count already!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
From what i remember he was banned many times under many different guises. Blatently rude and insulting comes to mind.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
lol, i think i know the tuner you mean steve and TBH they were one of the only places that had any time for me when i needed advice, they also know what they are doing which i consider to be quite rare

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
lmao... I know Chip, have done for years... If thats a good thing or not Im not sure ;)

He's well into his 30's now Steve. Rich is a different guy all together, lives up near Wallingford.

lol, thats the guy (rich), chip went round the house and was expecting an adult to be the guy behind the txt, they must have thought he was some sort of paedophile (which may be true where chip is concerned i suspect pmsl!)

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh sorry, i was confused! I thought you meant CHIP was the young boy, not Rich, doh.

And the tuner I meant was ****ed off with Yunis, not Chip, Chips sound, tho he gets on peoples tits sometimes like everyone does, but he knows his stuff and is a good bloke.
He's not false, hes just Chip.

PS- Yes, if the person was a young girl rather than a young boy, idve suspected Chip went round there on purpose, lol :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Oh sorry, i was confused! I thought you meant CHIP was the young boy, not Rich, doh.

And the tuner I meant was ****ed off with Yunis, not Chip, Chips sound, tho he gets on peoples tits sometimes like everyone does, but he knows his stuff and is a good bloke.
He's not false, hes just Chip.

PS- Yes, if the person was a young girl rather than a young boy, idve suspected Chip went round there on purpose, lol :chuckle:
lol i understood you ment yunis vs AB

chip pops round every few months, can talk the ass off a donkey but a nice bloke when it comes to it as you say and he really does know his beans

1 - 20 of 27 Posts