GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The current Best Motoring DVD has the Z-tune at the new Fuji Speedway circuit. It's worth seeing.....
The brakes and suspension on the Z-tune are awesome....he drops from 280 kmh to about 40 at the end of the start finish straight and makes it look like a Sunday cruise. Very :cool:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They also use it as a camera car for a race between 4 NSX-Rs, which is interesting.
Again, even though the GTR is significantly heavier, he can easily outbreak them.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
No it's number 7 July, just came out yesterday. Z-tune brakes are simply awesome...but I was somewhat disappointed by Motoyama's time and slightly nervous driving technique (especially in the S-tune GT). Great to see Tsuchiya back in the "New" Best Motoring! I guess they realized they need him to sell copies :p

(PS...I think if VW sees this DVD they will recall all Golfs!!!)

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DCD said:
No it's number 7 July, just came out yesterday. Z-tune brakes are simply awesome...but I was somewhat disappointed by Motoyama's time and slightly nervous driving technique (especially in the S-tune GT). Great to see Tsuchiya back in the "New" Best Motoring! I guess they realized they need him to sell copies :p

(PS...I think if VW sees this DVD they will recall all Golfs!!!)
Dino, you might be right that his style was nervous, but to me he seemed like he was out for a walk in the park; I don't think he was anywhere near the limit of the car - especially given the time.
The Autech Tsukada GTR did 1.46 didn't it ?

Yes - another 'new' best motoring - shame it took them so long to notice that the 'Hot Version' style is the better seller.

Yep - If Peter sees it he'll be glad he decided not to get a Golf.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They do a 'panic brake' comparison between several cars.
Basically, stand on the brakes and try to take a corner as tight as possible.
It doesn't seem to do very well......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts