GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched over and over for an exact way to match the wires with no luck. Can someone help? I have been given the diagrams for the GTS-T and other models and even diagrams with different colored wires but these are what I have to work with.

I am ready to install my Z32 AFM's and I have the plugs that came with them. Does anyone remember what goes to what? The diagragm does not help me. I have seen on a GTR UK forum where someone said splice across and someone else says NO, don't splice across

Z32 plug wires

A. Orange & green
B. White sheilded
C. Black
D. Black Sheilded
E. White w/ black stripe

R33 Plug wires
A. --- Not used
B. Orange
C. Black w/ grey dot
D. White
E. Black w/ White stripe

I would be greatful if someone could look at the way it is wired in.

·
Registered
197 Posts
done mine myself earlier this year however the colours you have dont quite match what i found.my z32 wires were red/black/black/white and came with an apexi super suction kit
looking at the wiring diagram which i used from apexi if you look at the two plugs with the indents at the top from behind z32 and standard the first wire on the standard plug A goes to the second wire on the z32,the second wire B goes to the third wire on z32,the third C goes to the fourth on z32 and the fourth D goes to the fifth on the z 32

my standard wiring was
A-black/white
B-white/blue
C-black
D-orange/blue

so a little confused by your colours as standard
can you check to see if the colours you have are correct
cheers simon

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have the same colors as me but in reverse. I looked at the way the plug would be to the way the the flow was heading from left to right and A. being the first line on the Z32 MAF and on the GTR A was not used. I checked to see if I had the plug upside down but the way it plugs in, the flow going left to right would be the order that I have it.

Standard wiring on the GTR had one Maf with just a white wire and just an orange wire the 2nd maf was a white wire and a blue stripe and an orange wire with a blue stripe.

·
Registered
197 Posts
hi
each maf needs 4 wires to work according to all the info i have and thats how mine are wired. i have 4 wires colour coded as per my last post going to each maf so there should be 8 wires to connect.if there isnt i am not sure whats going on
cheers simon

·
Registered
597 Posts
try these

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/4...t-types-z32-afm-plugs-they.html?highlight=afm

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/8533-air-flow-meters-5.html?highlight=afm

and also do a search on the aussie sites and google cos remembered seeing the various pin layouts before.

as far as i understand, only 3 or 4 wires are used, one way is to take tops off the afms and compare connections, may help.

i'm using Z32 with housing connector changed to enable my std RB26 afm connector to fit.

My apexi intake kit was supplied with its own Z32 connector to solder to the existing wires(wires in different colours).

May be best to forget colours and connect the correct wire to correct pin (4 pins used i think or 3 if its a doubled up ground? (not done too much research so i could be iffy)).

·
Registered
597 Posts
ps - Z32 have more connections but only 4 is used, match these 4 to the rb26 afm 4 wires. sorry don't know which is which.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
None of the colors match up and they are using to Tomei plugs. I was hoping that someone out there would know which to connect.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Took this with my fone earlier, my R32 GTR, clearly pin C is black in all scenarios

Dont suppose it helps though if other wires are different colours to your examples above, just showing you how i did it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
hi again
A is not used on either maf so if you connect b to b,c to c,d to d and e to e regardless of colours it should be ok.seems there are several combinations of wire colour codings.
in your case it will be
b white shielded to b orange
c black to c black with grey dot
d black shielded to d white
e white with black stripe to e black with white stripe

does that make sense to you

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
reefyman and everyone else:
Thank you for your efforts for me. Reefyman, That does make perfect sense to me but I saw a thread in the fresh alloy forum and someone brought that up about splicing across and someone said not to, so I am a little scared and was hoping for a little back up before I did that

·
Registered
197 Posts
hi
mines done that way and is working fine pumping out 550 bhp(fly)and im enjoying every minute of it.i know you must be a little bit apprehensive in wiring them up not sure how much damage can be done getting it wrong but im sure its the right way.only you can decide whether to do it or not best of luck
simon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts