GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm pretty curious about this and wonder what other people have experienced. what would you upgrade to, why and did you encounter any problems?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
i havnt upgraded on this car but i would use the z32 as they are cheaper you can program them into the power fc easier and they flow more than the nismo ones

·
Registered
436 Posts
Nismo are plug and play with some messing with the Z32 conections.

The Nismo afm 22680-RR580 and the Z32 afm 22680-30P00 look very simular on the flow graph that came with my Nismo afm they both out flow the standard GT-R afm 22680-05U00 will try and scan it and post it up.

·
Registered
25,945 Posts
nismo are as people say plug and play same with mines

they are the stock size (so easy to install)

z32s - take abit of pi**ing about to fit,

you can buy them new from nissan any trader can do them

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Nismo - same size as factory, same harness as factory, same HP handling as Z32 mafs . Uses modified Z32 settings in the Power FC. I can give you the proper settings for free (done by Apexi Pro Shop in Japan)

Z32 - bigger than factory, uses different harness (you must purchase), same HP handling as Nismo, settings preset in Power FC

Nismo or Z32 are NOT plug and play unless you have a Power FC or other aftermarket ECU. They will not work with factory ECUs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers for the feed back. i did purchase some nismo one from nengun a while back and then had other issue and never fitted them. i thought i might have made a bit of a mistake as the z32 are cheaper and i heard some people say that the z32's where much better. i'm guessing they will be no good without a remap even if i do have an apexi fc already.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I'd be interested to know if you can swap to Z32 afm from standard and just change the PFC setting for AFMs. Would the car run OK for running in purposes or is a full remap needed?

·
Registered
394 Posts
the z32 ones are cheap second hand and nismos are around 550 for the pair i think im going to go z32 seems alot easier and cheaper and the same gains as the nismo's

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
i would say that the nismo ones are better.here is the spec on them Nismo AFM (twin) - 2400Kg/H - Max 775PS,i cant find anything on the z32 mafs.

also are the z32s bigger in size?so you would have to change your airfilters too im sure of it..

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
you can just run it with the power fc settings but some fine tuning maybe required
Hi Lawrence! An old thread I know, but what settings on the pfc do you need to change to run Nismo MAFs? I’ve just found some Nismo MAFs and want to test them before mapping! I’ve still got the datalogit.
Cheers!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts