GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had theirs treated to zircotec? If so did you also get the heat shields coated? And what was the cost of it...

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Yes - 4 branch header average length, £350 Amazing quality. Lowered under bonnet by 40oc!!! and increased HP by about 5%

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At the price it better lol

But I know f1 teams use them as well so no doubt it is proven and a quality product.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
At the price it better lol

But I know f1 teams use them as well so no doubt it is proven and a quality product.
Seriously good product. If I were inclined just after a race I could dab my hand on the header with no issues its that good.

·
Registered
558 Posts
In my case I had two three branch exhaust manifolds done for £300.00 and did not bother with the heat shields as figured they were not required any more.
Under bonnet temps reduced dramatically, more heat into turbo and therefore more work energy available and the finish is superb and lasts for me for 3 years so far.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I had mine done before deciding to go single turbo route, and have sat on the shelf Since.
Can't quite remember exact cost but wasn't cheap.

Did I mention they are for sale.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I had mine done with the heat shields done too, engine bay temps seem better but that's me just judging how it feels when i pop the bonnet after a good run, i did have issues before with my old turbos struggling with the heat, but touch wood these have been fine, maybe the coating has helped. I know the GTROC do a members discount which i used to get mine done, it wasn't cheap but then I had quite a bit done.

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had mine done before deciding to go single turbo route, and have sat on the shelf Since.
Can't quite remember exact cost but wasn't cheap.

Did I mention they are for sale.
They look good mate, Thanks, but I already have heat shields and manifolds :)

Something else I am looking into is getting some parts of the valvetrain DLC coated. Just an idea at the moment but will be discussing this with my engine builder.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Sorry I must have miss read your post, didn't realise you have had your item treated already.
What did it cost you then?

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't yet, but I already have the heat shields and manifolds. Just need to get them sent off for coating.

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How much would you want for yours? Does your manifolds have snapped bolts I did all mine lol drop me a pm if you want and I will see.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have noticed the temps going up after stage 4 and downpipes. Might have to look at this during winter.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Would this "crack" stainless steel exhaust manifold?
Some people say that the heat build up will get too hot for the manifold.

Just wondering if there are any truth to that, as after all... we have road cars that need to last for years, F1 have Inconel manifold that only need to last a few race.

Jerrick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts