GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried Zymol on their GTR?.
Previously on my 996 4S I used Zymol HD cleanse clay followed by their wax and results and longevity are fantastic. The car is now 6 years old and still beads brilliantly with only a periodic re-application.

Concern on my Black / Black R35 is thickness and softness of paint.

Appreciate general comments

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Has anyone tried Zymol on their GTR?.
Previously on my 996 4S I used Zymol HD cleanse clay followed by their wax and results and longevity are fantastic. The car is now 6 years old and still beads brilliantly with only a periodic re-application.

Concern on my Black / Black R35 is thickness and softness of paint.

Appreciate general comments
Zymol is a nice wax dont get me wrong but if you want maximum protection then Zaino is the way forward :thumbsup:
Most Zymol waxes have a durability of about 6 weeks where as Zaino is proven by myself to run over 6 months :thumbsup:
Looks wise there is not alot in it at all.
Here is a Black GTR wearing Zaino:

Trust me Zymol is old school G. its all about the sealants now :clap:

Hope this helps

Robbie

EDIT: no need to have concerns over the thickness or softness of the paint as all your doing is applying a product.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Good work there Robbie & I second SOME of Robbies comments, Zaino is about the best sealant out there IMHO...however a high grade zymol wax can last much longer than just 6 weeks!!!? it all depends on vehicle use etc. I have zymol's, swissvax's and zaino's Z system plus Auto Glym Lifeshine plus many others.

As Robbie says, the finish between Zaino and a high grade Carnauba are slight. Wax tends to provide a 'warmer' glow to the paintwork (darker metallics and solids) whereas acrylics can give a crisper cooler appearance which suits lighter metallics.

For others reading this post:

If the car rarely sees rain and salt then a high quality wax coat such as my favourite, swissvax best of show, will last a good while (up to 3 months winter conditions) with the appropriate after-care.

Sealants such as zaino and chemical guys / werkstatt are the way forward if your primary concern is longevity from your protection (effective upto 5-6 months regular UK winter use with regular washes). Altho some certain waxes will last almost as long - i Sometimes use Collinite on 4x4's etc which will give even the very toughest synthetic sealants a run for its money!

Zymol, Swissvax et al are still very much fighting their corner and still the choice for the concours shows etc etc and have definitely not seen their day.

Of course, you can have the best of both worlds ;)

If you already have some Zymol theres no reason why you shouldnt crack it out and give it a whirl. Make sure you use a good pre-cleanser first ie HD-cleanse or better still - Swissvax Cleaner fluid.

Ben.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Good advice there Ben!

I use various zymol waxes depending on what I am trying to achieve

if it's a "quick" waxing I will use zymol cream (White car) or zymol carbon for dark colours

the above are reasonably priced for a quality wax.

If I am after longer protection, a bit of luxuary or showing the car o use "zymol ital" which is designed for Ferrari but looks the dogs on a White skyline! But that's not a cheap wax really.

In my opinion there is nothing more satisfying than detailing your own car to a high standard and then standing back(beer in hand) and admiring your own work!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Cheers Rob.

Yes i love detailing my own cars, and clients vehicles...some of which like to detail themselves however dont have the proper machines / knowledge etc to correct / refinish the paint before the wax / sealant goes on.

As long as the water beads (droplets form in tight circular formations) and "sheets" (streams straight off the paintwork) then your protected. Only reapply when these qualities diminish.

A shiny car....is a loved car!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Gordon
I have used many products over the years to achieve that ultimate shine and have spent hours upon hours of applying and removing waxes but have recently come across Pearl Car Care Products which have a fantastic range that has changed my way of thinking. The products have been designed for Valeting companies in order to achieve a professional look but in half the time. I still insist on cleaning my car every week (or more if can) to ensure it always looks the best but can now achieve this in just an hour using Pearl Shine (shampoo) followed by Waterless Car Wash professional (for a polished finish) for interior I use Complete Clean for dash seats and carpets. For wheels Pearls Non acidic wheel cleaner which does not leave any marks on wheels yet does a fantastic job, for tyres I use Pearl Tyre sheen which stays on for ages. The results are as good as any products I have used in the past and take no time to apply but the best thing of all is the price which is unbelievably cheap for such a quality product. Pearl Car Care Products Car Valeting Shampoo Products UK International Waterless Car Care Products,. I have a black R 35 which is used everyday and these products keep it clean and have given me a hours back each week.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Hi Gordon
I have used many products over the years to achieve that ultimate shine and have spent hours upon hours of applying and removing waxes but have recently come across Pearl Car Care Products which have a fantastic range that has changed my way of thinking. The products have been designed for Valeting companies in order to achieve a professional look but in half the time. I still insist on cleaning my car every week (or more if can) to ensure it always looks the best but can now achieve this in just an hour using Pearl Shine (shampoo) followed by Waterless Car Wash professional (for a polished finish) for interior I use Complete Clean for dash seats and carpets. For wheels Pearls Non acidic wheel cleaner which does not leave any marks on wheels yet does a fantastic job, for tyres I use Pearl Tyre sheen which stays on for ages. The results are as good as any products I have used in the past and take no time to apply but the best thing of all is the price which is unbelievably cheap for such a quality product. Pearl Car Care Products Car Valeting Shampoo Products UK International Waterless Car Care Products,. I have a black R 35 which is used everyday and these products keep it clean and have given me a hours back each week.

This plug makes me laugh as on another forum you owned a Porsche :chuckle:
Your products will NEVER be in the league of say Zaino,zymol and others.

Robbie

·
Registered
49 Posts
NEVER SAID THEY WAS ?????
just the fact i use the produts as do my staff i thought they were worth a look, also give a bit of advice. do you think you are the only man who cleans cars..... I do not own a porsche but have a GT3RS on order and will arive march/april. the only other site i am on is teamspeed because they took my GT3RS video off youtube and have never made a post. so i would get your facts right first MAGIC

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Pic would be good.

Upclose if possible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts