GTR Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
This is what its like when it happens on track Martin, for me it was very intermittent until I got on track and then it would do it a lot until the car got warmed up well.

That's an upshift 3rd to 4th, it also did it coming down the box.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Which warranty do you have?? mines due up soon with warrantywise, and wouldn't mind a better more *trustworthy* and not trying to *wriggle out of everything* one.

thanks
Was from Auto Direct, supplied by the dealer I bought car from. Was a very rare "Wear & Tear" coverage which even the engineer who was sent to "inspect*" the stripped out tranny said was highly unusual. I think it was an error by the dealer but I was not complaining!

Gave the company ZERO wiggle room BUT their invitation to renew was a standard non Wear & Tear cover policy - which I did not take up.

Likely to go to AutoTorque for cover - their policy seems pretty decent.

*Regarding the "inspection" carried out by the warranty engineer - Andy at ACSpeedtech said it was the usual situation - engineer arrives, looks bemused at a pile of parts, shakes head and goes off in a mood as he couldn't work out how it all fitted together!

David

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Would those who have had faults be willing to to say what the problem / cure was and roughly how much it cost to fix so others will have a idea what to expect if they had issues in the future .

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Defo go for a tuner one mate. I may be tempted with AC Speedtech's warranty once my OEM expires. They seem to be spot on with their customer service which is a massive plus.
ACspeedtech do a warranty now? I didnt know that.. Or I'd have one signed up. will give them a buzz. thanks.

Was from Auto Direct, supplied by the dealer I bought car from. Was a very rare "Wear & Tear" coverage which even the engineer who was sent to "inspect*" the stripped out tranny said was highly unusual. I think it was an error by the dealer but I was not complaining!
Gave the company ZERO wiggle room BUT their invitation to renew was a standard non Wear & Tear cover policy - which I did not take up.
Likely to go to AutoTorque for cover - their policy seems pretty decent.
*Regarding the "inspection" carried out by the warranty engineer - Andy at ACSpeedtech said it was the usual situation - engineer arrives, looks bemused at a pile of parts, shakes head and goes off in a mood as he couldn't work out how it all fitted together!
David
thanks bud, I tried a claim with warrantywise on the dash leds, and they wriggled out of it.. I get the impression that's the normal process, wriggly worms!

Would those who have had faults be willing to to say what the problem / cure was and roughly how much it cost to fix so others will have a idea what to expect if they had issues in the future .
you can get some idea below , i put the work/faults/costs. http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/344713-gearbox-reverse-1st-1st-r-park-r-selection-issues-3-clutches-acspeedtechs-cure-pics.html

·
Registered
281 Posts
Chronos I've read your post a few times now and while i have a budget in mind for my box with a very intermittent 1st/R issue if mine costs £7-10K I may be suicidal :chuckle::chuckle:

Hows the box been since the overhaul?

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Chronos I've read your post a few times now and while i have a budget in mind for my box with a very intermittent 1st/R issue if mine costs £7-10K I may be suicidal :chuckle::chuckle:
Hows the box been since the overhaul?
Well that's how mine started, intermittent 1st/R issue .. i left it a bit too long, and it caused wear on other components, which made everything worse! You live and learn and pay!... my advice is, if it's doing it regularly 1-2+ times per week, and you have done a clutch learn etc, get it into your tuner ASAP to be sorted.

Box has been just dandy, It feels very strong and has done 3 trackdays and its been over 12 months i think now and over 14,000 miles!, Initially it was slightly smoother with the Dodson gear in it and stock clutch, then i had to go 16 plate clutch due to the hill situation, and now the changes are a lot more aggressive and can bang in even at low revs, which TBh can get annoying!! BUT I have to live with it, it's either that OR take a plate out and the clutch will go smoother again, but won't last on the stupid hill OR sell the car, which aint going to happen it's too much fun!! However as it's upgraded it can handle 800lbft torque, plus the gearbox will be stronger with the dodson kit, So is ready for upgrades.. yum yum!! aka turbos and the likes. sound's like an excuse to me! *checks pennies in the bank..*

·
Registered
281 Posts
It was your post and many other recommendations tat made me choose AC Speedtech and it arrived with them yesterday :)

You've got no excuses now then, get some larger turbos to help you get up that hill ;)

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Martin, I would expect your problem to be related to the fact we found Syncro teeth in the gearbox when we repaired the clutch basket. We just cleaned these out at you request. I would imagine next series of teeth are on their way out now and that is hindering the gear change.

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Whattttt! 14k miles in a year. How many miles do you have on her?
about 53k now, and what fun it's been :clap::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Good going, you can take comfort from the 100k miler GTR we have on here.
Yeah it certainly Shows how hard wearing and generally reliable the R35 GT-R is, I think He's on like 120k miles now! epic! :cool::cool:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts