GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So transmission is out.

clutch is finished, also the flywheel

on monday the transmission is on the way to GETRAG. I hope they can fix it and i hope it is not too expensive

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,035 Posts
MP2 BNR34,

Any chance you can resize those pics please? 800x600ish. Those are waaaaayy to big.

Cheers

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sorry; I can not change the post. Maybe a Mod can delete those tooo big pictures?!?

They can fix the transmission; The guy there also give me a price for example. But this is not the price I will get. First they have to see what is damaged.
He said it´s a lot cheaper than a new one. So I will see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with getrag, I want to make it more stronger for 800h/p in my car.. I need tuning parts for it.
Who can help me?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Hi,

i think my Getrag transmission on my R34 GTR is a little bit damaged.
I can hear it in gear 2 to 5! In third gear the shifter is vibrating.
In second gear i hear a loud noise. Even if the clutch is pushed or not.

All the noises are there when the car is on the road. So when I drive an the second gear is in, the noise is realy loud.
Also in third, fourth, and fifth.

When i´m coasting than the noises are gone.
Is a gear in, than the noise is back. Does not matter if clutch is pushed or not.

Maybe you have an idea, what I can do.
Or you know somebody who repair Getrag transmissions,...

Thanks from Germany
why does the shifter in the 3rd gear vibrating ??? i dont get it, a friend of mine has the same problem but everything else is fine and he told me that his mechanic told him that its normal for the getrag gearbox and that is nothing wrong with it all getrag boxes have this vibration in 3rd gear, now i have became paranoid and looking every time my shifter for vibration is it true that all getrag boxes should be vibrating 3rd gear?????

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The guy from GETRAG told me, all vibrations from the transmission are not normal.
Also when you are driving slow, (first or second gear at around 1500 or 2000 rpm) and than hit the clutch, my transmission do a loud noise like the transmission mount was damaged.

He said all these noises are not good.

You have to use the right oil, change the oil in time,....

Hopefully I get pictures and stuff in a few days

I let you know

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Just spoke with my friend, every gear is fine no noise at all , his box is soundless at any rpm.his 3rd gear at low rpm doesnt have any vibrations only when he is boosting has some vibrations only at 3rd gear on the shifter. i think the oils they are using here is from cusco , and they have used some kind of mollyslip its from a german company is something like a grafite i thing i dont know if this is good but they say it works and protecting the gears they use it in rally a lot. If its not because i became paranoid i thing my 3rd is vibrating a little as well some times on boost, i will change the oils and put this mollyslip as well and maybe change the clutch to an other standard clutch if i found one in cyprus.
When you speak with getrag please ask them about the vibration of the shifter in the 3rd gear so they can tell as if this is normal or not, and let as know so i can stop being paranoid.
Eftychios

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So I get the first information about my transmission.

They do some tests and started to open it.
The guy there said, it´s not extremly damaged. They definitly change the seals, and synchros.
They have to demount the rest of the transmission to say what else is damaged. But he think that´s it.

I let you know if there are some more news. They also make some pictures of the repair.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I used a company called Interpro based in Bristol to rebuild my Getdrag box, I think the 3rd Syncro was replaced and a few other bits, really good service though.

Total came to around 1,200 GBP and the box was sound after that.

Oz

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
no,

the have reduced working hours this year! Also it´s holiday time.

Hopefully I will get some new information this week.

They said it can take up to 4 weeks to repair it. If they have ro order some special parts, it can be oktober or november!!!! I hope they can finish it in the next 2 weeks!

I let you ´know as soon as possible

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Today I get my new clutch

thanks @ RHD Japan

GETRAG get the spare parts for my tranny today. They will finish the work on monday. So on tuesday or wednesday I can pick up my transmission.

New seals, bearings, an synchros installed!

Pictures from instalation will follow next weekend!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
yes nismo twin coppermix competition

The costs for the transmission; hmm

they said, 1000 euro if just the synchros, bearings and seals

1500 when you need some more parts

up to 2000 euro when it´s really broken!

If it´s extremly damaged it will take much more time, because some shafts in the transmission take up to 2-3 months to order and receive them.

So more info next week :clap:

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
thats not that bad if the jop was done properly, its good to have getrag next to you when you need them. But i don't get it if getrag produced that gearbox shouldnt they have all the parts on stock or even produce them in house?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
They don´t have the parts in stock; They have to order them.
Some parts will arrive real soon, some other takes more time. Up to 2 or 3 months!!!

Hopefully today I can pick up the transmission

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ive got to pull my GETRAG box out soon as ive nipped 2nd & 3rd recently, not bad, its a little bit rough when cold on the down changes...

I will document the rebuild & garentee it wont cost anywere near what youve just got stung...

21 - 40 of 54 Posts